Pure Bliss

{4 MONTHS LATER.}

I'm going to visit Ruby. I need to see her. I'm driving to Montpelier. I will see her. I will mend our relationship. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"I brought coffee." I hand the coffee to Ruby as she opens her apartment door. It's not a great part of town but she's tough. The walls are a cream color with very little on them. There is one tattered, brown couch in the center of the large room that also has what looks like a dinning room table and a kitchen. She turns off the TV which looks like the most expensive part of the room. She moves the stack of unopened letters to put her coffee on the small table between the couch and the wall. She turns back to me and looks at me. We stand looking at each other waiting for the other to talk. Neither of us know what to say. 

"Ruby," I start but she puts her hand on my wrist and shushes me. 

"I don't want to talk. You got scared. I'm not upset with you at all." A small smile spreads across her face. Her other hand finds my cheek. I lean into her touch, it's so easy to get lost in her. Her eyes are still connected with mine as I look at her lips. Her face is inches from mine. I can feel her breath. I watch her eyes close. I lean in.

Pure Bliss. 

I deepened the kiss, we were in full make out mode. She lead me to the couch. I leaned back with her on top of me. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Ruby. I don't know if this will surprise you but that... um. That was my first, uh. First time."

Ruby kissed my forehead and turned back to the counter where she was putting ice cubs from the tray into two cups. We talked about what we are and decided that I would go to college in Montpelier. I'll live with Ruby and work to keep us here. It won't be easy but it's what we both want. 

I think I love her.