On the Sidewalk

"I'm walking Ruby home, dad." I leaned into his office to inform him of my whereabouts. 

"Fine, fine." He might not have actually heard me. His face was buried in expense reports or something else boring.

After a day of happy giggles and funny stories it was finally time for Ruby to sneak into her own home. She would sleep in her bed then hide in her room until she would go to a coffee shop to do homework. 

"Come on." I grabbed Ruby's hand. We walked down the street, holding hands.

"I don't want to go home, Sky."

"I know. I really wish you could stay at my house. But it's family day tomorrow."

"I know." Ruby sighed. I don't like looking at her sad. I stopped walking and pulled her to me. Grabbed her other hand and leaned in. I gently kisses her lips, sliding my hands to her waist and around her back. Holding her lower back, I dipped her slightly. She finally broke away but stayed securely in my arms.

"What are we doing? You're not out as gay. Neither am I. We're in the middle of the street, kissing."

"We're actually on the sidewalk." I joked with her. Hoping that she would get it. She looked cross at me. 

"I'm sorry Ruby. You're just so goddamn beautiful." She smiled and looked away. She grabbed my hand and pulled me to keep walking.

When we approached her house her grip on my hand tightened. We walked to the back and she climbed up the tree next to her window. She invited me up but I told her to stay as quiet as possible. She opened her window and slid into her room. She was gone. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The walk back to my house was much longer now that Ruby wasn't with me. I couldn't get her out of my head. The way her skin felt against mine, the way she laughed, the way she really listened to me. I couldn't wait to see her again. I hope she doesn't go back to her terrible 'friends'. I need Sunday to be over quickly so I can see her again.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Sky!" I was already awake. Instead of answering my fathers call I just walked downstairs. I had on shorts and a old T-shirt. I had already picked out the movies, the snacks and was about to decorate the room. My brother and my father were sitting at the kitchen table. My father were serious expression on his face, as if someone had died. I didn't think much of it, my dad had a very stressful job.

"You guys ready for today? I got some awesome movies."

"Sky, we need to talk." My dad said that as if I was a porcelain doll, about to fall off the shelf. My brother looked at me with a sympathetic expression.

"Okay guys, what's going on? You all are acting weird."

"Sky, the company I work for is closing down this branch. Even though most of my job's online, they're still relocating me."

"What?"

"They're moving us."

"No. No way. You guys are joking with me right?"

"I'm so sorry sweetie."

------------------------
Oooooo. What's going to happen now? They're finally happy. I just ruined everything!!!
Tehe

!!!!!I'm going to write the next 5-6 chapters, then publish them all at once. Thank you for reading!