Northern Lights

Joker P.O.V.

We get to the ball which is held in a mansion owned by the richest family in the city. Keep in mind that we aren't in Gotham anymore, and God knows that place is throwing celebrations because of my absence. This family is the Kelly's. They own tons of businesses that make a hell of a lot of money. I park the car and get out and walk to the other side of the car to open the door for Y/N. I hold out my hand and she takes it with her left hand and used her right to hold up her dress and her mask. I don't let go of her hand and close her door behind us. I walk with her to the front entrance. There, two well suited men opened the door for us. When we walked in, she started to let go of my hand, so I did so as well. She walked slower inside the foyer of the mansion but still remained close to the entrance. She put her mask up to her face. She walked up to a waiter holding up a tray with champagne glasses and took a glass. She took a small sip before she looked at me and winked. She was ready. She looked to the rich husband who owned the mansion. She has her eyes locked on her target. She took the stick off of her mask and expanded the elastic strap connected to the mask and put the mask around her head.
She walked up to him as he was talking to three men who looked pretty important. Once she got close enough, she slid her hand on his shoulder and showed him her most beautiful smile. All I have to do now is wait and watch. I sat in a cushioned chair only eight feet away from where Y/N and Mr. Kelly stood. I noticed that once she showed her smile, he stopped talking to the three men standing right in front of him, as if they had no longer existed. He put his hand on her lower back and turned to the side of her. She acted like his jokes were funny and laughed at most of the bad jokes he told. We went over the whole plan on the drive here. Get his attention. Get him alone upstairs. Make sure nobody follows. And just wait for me. After ten more minutes, he walks her up the long stairway of the mansion and to a room where he made sure nobody saw him before he closed the door. That's when I got up and walked up the same stairway. I put my ear to the door. I could hear her.
"I'll be right back, just let me go change into something more comfortable.." I heard her heels against the hardwood floor and then a door close. I open the door and see Mr. Kelly standing at the edge of the balcony of the room. He turned around to look at me when he heard the door close and lock.
"Excuse me, but who exactly are you?" He says in a disgusted voice.
"Just somebody who's better at making jokes. Like this one!" I hold up a gun and point it at his head. That's when Y/N walked out of the bathroom and behind me, smiling. Mr. Kelly was trembling and started to back up, but stopped when he almost lost his balance when he felt the railing behind him. "Did he do what you asked, my darling?"
     "Mhmm." Y/N taps the duffle bag with the tip of her heel.
     "Good. Now, smile so we can truly celebrate your last moments." I count to twenty in my head, giving him a moment to accept the fact that he's going to die any second. I pull the trigger. Y/N jumped just a little when she heard the bang. I get closer to the balcony to where I can see some of what's going on, but I can't be seen. Everyone was fleeing the building. Everyone running around Mr. Kelly's body that fell from the balcony onto the cement ground. The screams could be heard from a mile away.
     I put the gun back in the holster in my tux jacket. I wait a bit before I leave with Y/N. All the cameras in the mansion were disconnected right before we even walked in the mansion when we got here.
     "I think we had one of our best nights tonight, my darling."