Chapter 1: The Attack on PHS

The homecoming football game at Prescott High School was something very special....especially in the eyes of one Brian Van Vorst. He was a senior flute player for the Pride of Prescott Marching Band and he was dressed up in his Hawaiian shirt and "bibbers", getting ready to perform in the halftime show for the entire school. Looking to his left, he saw his good friend Emma Malinowski, a member of the color guard and someone who he had taken in as an "adopted little sister". Both had issues with the guardians in their lives and have had each other's back this entire year. 

"Brian!" 

The flute player turned around to see his best friend, Abbi Timm, who used to be a member of the band. The smile on his face grew has he gave his friend a hug. "What's up Abbi?" He asked her as he placed his flute in his right hand. "Thought you didn't want to come to any football games?" 

"Eh, I wanted to see my best friend's final homecoming performance. Did you guys really paint those tikis by hand?" Abbi asked, turning towards the large tiki heads being loaded up onto their stands and being rolled out to the track. 

"Yeah, it was super fun!" Brian exclaimed, feeling proud of himself. "Hey, did you happen to catch up on RWBY at all? I was finally able to catch up on Volume 2. Thank you for getting me into the show!"

"Yeah, I just got to the second episode. No spoilers, but it's getting pretty good," Abbi explained. "Looks like you guys are about to go on. Good luck!"

Brian nodded as she went back to her seat. He sighed before heading up the stairs, heading towards the band room. He looked at the people he was passing by and smiled as soon as he saw Judah Neese, a fellow member of Prescott High School Chamber Singers. "Hey Judah, how are you?" He asked as the two hugged. "I thought you had voice lessons at the college today?"

"My dad and I unfortunately had to cancel. So we decided to come support the football team and the band," She explained. "Now get out there! I want to take a video of you guys on my phone!"

Brian nodded as he noticed the clouds in the sky seeming to get denser and darker. 'I heard that it might rain tonight, but I think we should be alright to make it past halftime. Still, the air feels a little bit colder than usual, even on a night in September,'

Dan Bradstreet, the band teach at Prescott High School gathered all the members of the band. "Alright everyone, tonight is the seniors' last homecoming performance. Let's go and make it the happiest moment of their lives," He said as they all came together and recited the motto for the Pride of Prescott. After doing so, they began to line up on the track, getting ready to go out onto the field. 

The football team was beginning to run one of its final plays before the sound of screaming could be heard from the opposing team's bleachers. The band turned around to see what was going on, only to be shocked to see the entire crowd of people running quickly before metal bleachers were RIPPED apart by a large black creature! It resembled that of an elephant, with large white tusks and big, beady red eyes. Behind it were smaller black creatures, resembling wolves and bears, with the occasional large bird coming through the sky. "What the hell!?" Brian exclaimed as he looked at Mr. Bradstreet, who looked just as freaked out as everyone else. 

"Everyone, run!" 

The band, football players, and members of the audience began to frantically run away, trying to get away from the mysterious black creatures. Brian went into the stands to try and find Abbi. He knew what these creatures were, but he needed to find his friend to quickly make sure. As he was running, he accidentally bumped into someone. 

"Hey, watch where the fuck you are going!"

"I'm so-" He began before freezing up. Standing in front of him was Autumn Burgest, his former friend and crush. The two stood there awkwardly before the raven-haired girl rolled her eyes and began to run the other direction. The flute player blinked for a second before continuing his search for Abbi. 

"BRIAN!" 

He turned around and saw Abbi running up to him. "Are you okay?" She asked, hugging him. 

"Yeah....yeah I am fine," Brian said, still trying to shake off the fact that he had ran into someone who had once said that she purposely led him on to the point of mental depression. "Abbi...are....are those what I think they are?"

"Yeah...I think they are..." She said as her and Brian both looked at each other.

"Grimm....."