Chapter 10: Guilt

Start from the beginning

Harry followed close behind but I never really mind having him tagging along. I've actually gotten pretty close to Harry because of this publicity stunt and I wasn't sure if that was a good thing... or a bad thing. It was exactly what I was afraid of.

"Where do you want to eat?" Ray asked, reaching for my hand and intertwining our fingers as paparazzi snapped pictures of us. I shrugged.

"Anywhere."

"Do you like Indian food?" He asked as we approached his black Range Rover.

"I've never tried it." I replied honestly. I wasn't really the type of person that enjoyed trying new things... Especially when it comes to food. Ray stared at me wide eyed, a playful smile etched on his lips.

"You have to try it. It's amazing." Harry opened the passenger door for me and I slid in, ignoring the paparazzi standing right outside the window snapping pictures. I looked down, letting my hair cover that side of my face. Ray soon got in the car as well, getting comfortable on his seat before starting up the car.

"Damn paparazzi." He muttered under his breath. We both hated them, but knew we needed them to be around. There was no point of us hanging out in private. This is what our stunt was about. But the more we became friends, the more we longed to hang out in private once in a while. We had finally pulled out of the parking lot and I relaxed in my seat. It was easy to relax when I was with Ray because I knew all he wanted was to relax too.

"How did your schedule look?" Ray asked, glancing over at me before looking back at the road. I groaned.

"I literally have no free time. My schedule is so packed."

Ray shook his head. "That sucks."

"What about yours?" I asked, taking in his side profile. His skin is flawless... it's really not fair.

He shrugged. "It's actually not that bad. I have to finish things up in the studio and then I have a few interviews but all of that is either at night or in the early morning. My days are practically free."

"Lucky you." I grumbled and he chuckled.

"But you're getting ready for you're tour. That's really exciting." He playfully pushed me and I smiled.

"Yeah, I guess." I softly smiled. Don't get me wrong, I'm extremely excited but I know it's gonna be exhausting.

"You guess?" He raised an eyebrow and looked at me as we stopped at a stop light. "It's your first tour! And it's sold out! You gotta be super hyped. I know I was."

I let out a little laugh. "I'm am excited!"

"Good!" Ray exclaimed back.

----------------------------------------------------------

I got to my grandparents house after lunch with Ray and collapsed on their couch.

"Is everything okay sweetheart?" My grandma stood at the foot of the couch looking down at me with a worried expression.

"Everything's fine. Why?" I asked sitting up slightly. Ever since my singing career has took off, my grandparents have been extremely worried about me. They don't want me to end up like another Hollywood tragedy story. I've tried countless times to convince them that I have a good head on my shoulders but they still have their doubts.

"Well you never come over without calling first." My grandma shrugged as my grandpa joined us in the living room.

I sighed. "I just have a really busy schedule these next few weeks and then I leave for tour. I figured I should come over while I still had the day off."