Chapter 9: Friends?

I had woken up the day after the BET Awards with a major headache. It was already 4 pm and the pain was barely starting to go away. My memory of last nights after party were fuzzy but I definitely understood what had happened. Ray rejected me and I got mad... God, why am I such an idiot? I don't even want him that way, or at all, it was just the alcohol speaking. Which reminds me why I hate alcohol! It transforms you into a whole new person. If I could go back and do that night over, I would... Ray must feel amazing after rejecting me... probably gonna rub it in my face every chance he gets. My bedroom door swung open without warning. Bahja pranced in with her backpack hanging off of one shoulder.

"Hey Hey." She smiled, tossing her backpack to the side and sitting on my bed. "How was the after party?"

I groaned and shoved the pillow that had been in my lap, in my face. "Don't remind me." My voice came out muffled.

"What? Did you and the super star hook up again?" She joked, obviously not knowing that's exactly what had happened. I slowly looked up from my pillow, regret etched on my face. Her jaw dropped. "You made out with him again?!" She exclaimed.

"Yes." I closed my eyes tightly before opening them a few seconds later. "It's not my fault! I was drunk!" I defended.

"Whoa, you were drunk?!" A smirk formed on here lips. "Damn Nique, when did you become such a badass?"

"I'm not." My shoulders slumped.

"Well I need details!" Bahja sat up excitedly. "What happened?"

I sighed, debating whether or not I was going to tell her the whole story... including the humiliating end to it all. Did I really throw myself at Ray like that? "I can't remember it clearly." It wasn't an exact lie... the memory from last night was definitely blurry but I remembered the important events.

"You must remember something if you regret it." She gave me a knowing look. "Spill."

I shrugged. "Ray and I had a little too much to drink and we ended up making out in a corner of the club." I wrinkled my eyebrows, remembering the kiss.

"Well that explains that giant hickey! Oh my God!" Bahja laughed.

"What?!" I shrieked, jumping out of bed to look in the mirror. Sure enough there was a giant red/purple mark below my ear, right smack on my neck. Damn Ray...

"So, are you guys like friends with benefits now or something?" Bahja looked way to amused. I spun around to face her.

"Hell no. I would never be friends with benefits with someone. If you want to kiss me then you have to be willing to call me your girlfriend." I stated matter of factly.

Bahja giggled. "Okay, then go out already. I saw the way you two were acting last night. That was way to real."

I rolled my eyes, trying to play it off. I didn't want to tell her that Ray actually rejected me. I pulled out my phone to see if anyone had texted me. Nothing.

"Checking to see if your prince charming sent you a flirty text." Bahja teased.

"No." I answered quickly. "We kinda got in a fight right before I got home."

"About what?" She frowned.

"I don't remember." I lied, handing her some cover up. "Now help me cover this thing up."

Bahja laughed. "Don't worry. I'm pro at this." And we all know why.

------------------

~Ray's POV~

I sat in the living room playing Grand Theft Auto V with snacks and drinks surrounding me. My closest bestfriend Cyle decided to come down here for a couple of days. He was also at the after party with me and Zonnique too. Chres and Jacob decided to come over. Craig couldn't cause he had some family issues to attend to.