Chapter 1: Publicity Stunt?

IN THIS VERSION RAY AND STAR WAS NEVER IN A MUSIC GROUP AND RAY CAN ACTUALLY SING LOL I THINK HE CAN IN REAL LIFE BUT IN THIS BOOK HE REALLY CAN. JUST IMAGINE. NOW READ ON....

"Zonnique, you're on in 5." One of Wendy William's TV producers told me. I stood up from the white leather couch I had been sitting on and smoothed out my black pencil skirt.

"How do I look?" I asked my mom, Tiny

"Perfect, as always." My mom gave me an encouraging smile. "Just be yourself and they'll love you." I nodded feeling a tad nervous.

This interview on The Wendy Williams Show was a big deal for me. It was probably the biggest interview of my career so far. It's not common that a 17 year old girl born and raised in Atlanta, Georgia gets discovered singing on Youtube and is now living her dream. My dad's famous and all and I could've had fame with a snap of a finger but I told him that I wanted to do it on my own. I'm not one of those snobby rich kids, well I try not to be.

"Zonnique, You're on in 1 minute." The same producer waved me over to my place. "She's going to introduce you and you just smile and walk on out there. Okay?" I nodded, signaling that I understood what to do.

My stomach twisted nervously. What if I trip? I knew I shouldn't have worn heels! I mentally yelled at myself.

"Welcome the beautiful and talented Zonnique Pullins everybody." I heard Wendy say and I quickly shook the nerves away. I held my head high and put a smile on my face. I don't think I'll ever get used to this. I walked as gracefully as possible and waved to the screaming audience.

After what felt like years, I made it to Wendy and gave her a hug. "It's so great to have you here." She said enthusiastically as we both took a seat on our individual red fluffy chairs. "It's a dream to be here." I grinned while looking around, trying to take in my surroundings.

"So, let's get right down to it." She smiled. "You were discovered on Youtube by your manager Claire and then what?"

"Um, she introduced me to the owner of Interscope records and I sang for him." I smiled even though I feel like I've told this story a thousand times.

"I'm guessing he liked you." Wendy replied, her grin never fading.

"Yeah." I laughed. "He signed me and here I am!" Wendy laughed.

"But it's crazy because your father is TI and you've could've been famous all ready. People would kill for that."

"Yeah, but I wanted to do it by my own and he excepted that."

"Oh, well here you are releasing your very first album 'Just Listen'." I smiled widely.

"Yeah, I'm really proud of how 'Just Listen' turned out. I hope the fans like it."

"Speaking of your fans, you have tons! And you're just getting bigger." She gushed, repositioning herself on her chair. "They had been tweeting me for months to get you on the show."

I laughed. "They are so dedicated. I never imagined having so many loving fans. It's insane."

"What do your friends think about all of this?" Wendy asked with her eyebrows raised. "Your life changed pretty fast."

"Definitely." I responded.

"My best friend, Bahja, loves it. We've been friends since we were 6 and she's just amazing." I grinned as a picture of Bahja and I popped up on the screen. We was at the beach that day.

"What about boys?" Wendy asked. "Do you have a boyfriend?" My mind immediately thought of Zoey.. But he's not my boyfriend. He's a guy that was almost my boyfriend. I guess his feelings for me changed or he was just lying the whole time.