Chapter 9: Friends?

Start from the beginning

Kenneth walked in, typing furiously on his iphone. "Ray, we have a few meetings to attend today." He stated, not bothering to look up at me.

"Do I have to go?" I asked, not wanting to do anything but play video games.

Kenneth didn't even hesitate to answer. "Yes."

I groaned. "What if I go hang out with Zonnique?" Even though she's mad at me for rejecting her she can't really ignore me. This excuse has gotten me out of a meeting before, maybe it'll work a second time. Plus, I'm only using her to get out of meetings and other stuff.

"No way." Kenneth looked up at me. "This publicity stunt is starting to look more fun then work for you."

"Yeah Ray, you guys wouldn't even come up for air at the after party last night." Cyle teased. Turns out, a lot of people witnessed our make out and wouldn't shut up about it. I felt my cheeks heat up and hoped that I wasn't blushing.

"It was just a kiss." I mumbled irritably. And it was. I even told Zonnique that the kiss didn't mean anything. It was just because she was sexy.......... I admit that was a jerk off thing to say but it was the truth. Then she brought up Zoey and confused me. What does that ass hole have to do with anything?

"Kenneth, I really need to talk to her." I decided to keep trying to get out of this meeting.

"Oh really?" Kenneth raised an eyebrow, not breaking eye contact with me. "Why?"

I bit my lip trying to come up with a lie. I wasn't gonna tell Kenneth we got in a fight. I wanted to talk to her about it.... and maybe mention Zoey too.

"Come on Kenneth, just let the boy go see his girlfriend." Jacob spoke up. "It's obvious he's crazy about her."

Kenneth scoffed. "He is not." He paused for a second looking at me. "You don't really like Zonnique, do you?" No, I don't like Zonnique Yes, I'm attracted to her. But those are two entirely different things.

"No." I answered honestly. "But I think I hurt her feelings and I need to fix it." I was raised by a single mother, I knew how to treat girls with respect and last night I acted like a man whore. I needed to at least apologize. We were actually getting along at the award show and I feel that if we go back to how things were before that, it would just be taking a step back. I'm fine with being friends with her. Actually, I would love to be friends with her. I didn't have many girl friends that I could actually talk to and I had a lot in common with Zonnique. We were both trying to survive in the crazy world and we were forced to spend time together anyways. Might as well make that time useful right?

"You can talk to her after the meeting." Kenneth replied, shutting down my request. I groaned. Awesome...

-------------------------------------

~Nique's POV~

I layed comfortably stretched out across the family roomleather couch in the living room, hugging my blanket. My dad was finally back, thank god. On the big tv screen showed Spongebob and Patrick selling chocolate.

My dad walked by and chuckled, stopping to talk to me. "The girl with a #1 album on the charts is laying on my couch watching some 90's cartoon show.... Shouldn't you be out eating 200 dollar sushi?" He teased.

I rolled my eyes while smiling. "Actually, I'd be a lot happier if you bought me some McDonald's." Technically, I'm not allowed to eat fried food because it's bad for my vocal chords but I decided to give it a try anyways.

"No can do Princess. You know I can't let you eat." My dad patted my head. "Why don't you invited that boyfriend of yours over for dinner." He grinned.