XXX

Listen while you read:
James Arthur - Safe Inside

___________________________________

They all drove until they had finally reached Knoxville, Tennessee. As they entered the city, Lauren slowed down a bit in order to look for any useful cars for Ian's group. They stopped a few times to check on cars, but they all either had a dead battery or no gas. Lauren's patience was getting low with the lack of luck on their side.

Eventually they all had to take a break and look for something to eat. Ian and Lauren went out in search of something to eat while Camila and Calum stayed behind to start a fire. Lucy and Normani went off in search for anything they could find from the homes. Dinah was look out, sitting atop one of the many homes keeping a look out as she held Lauren's rifle.

Ian and Lauren roamed the streets in search of anything they could find to eat. They caught a few birds, but we're looking for something more in case they were still hungry.

"So how do you do it?" Ian asked out of nowhere.

Lauren turned around to glance at the man walking behind her, "Do what?"

"You know. Cope with it."

Lauren really didn't want to answer this question, but she knew how Ian felt. To lose someone you cared deeply for suddenly be gone just like that. Lauren thought for a moment.

"You just have to accept it. Accept that you'll never see them again. Accept that there were things that needed to be said, but weren't. It's all a matter of accepting." She said fixing her black beanie.

The silence on Ian's end was a bit nerve wracking. So the green eyed woman turned around in time to see Ian wiping away a tear. She quickly turned back around and inhaled deeply.

"Sometime I still talk to Taylor." She admitted. "There are times at night before I got to sleep, I just talk to her. I know she's looking down at me and", She paused for a moment. "I just talk to her and let her know how much I love her and won't forget her."

"Really?" Ian sniffed.

"Yeah. You can still let Janel know how you felt. She's still here."

Meanwhile, back in the middle of the road, Camila and Calum gathered as many dried sticks and grass as they could. After they were in a neat pile, Calum tried to ignite it with a dry stick, but had no luck with it.

"Maybe we should wait for Lauren." Camila suggested as she seen how much the Australian man was struggling.

"No, no, no I can do it." Calum said trying once more, but failing. "There has to be something else we can try." He sighed.

Camila looked around for a moment and sighed in defeat, "We can wait for Lauren."

"What's up with you and her? Why are you always so engulfed in her?"

Camila scoffed, "I could ask you the same with Lucy." She said standing.

"I know where I stand with my feelings for her. Just because I haven't been vocal about it doesn't mean I don't know how I feel about her."

"Well I know how I feel about Lauren, it's just complicated at the moment."

"Why is that? Does she not feel the same? Because it certainly looks that way sometimes."

"It's noticeable?"

"Yes. The longing stares you give her and the way you're touchy with her while she kind of brushes it off."

Camila remained silent for a moment as she digested this information. "I actually don't know if she feels anything at all for me."

"In all honesty I think she feels something, but is afraid to act it. You heard what she said about relationships in this world. I think she just doesn't want to come to terms with it because it'll make her look like a hypocrite."