Chapter 8 : Daddy & Daughter Day

Ariel's POV:

I start getting ready for my day out with Simon.  I decided to wear a white sundress and beige sandals. Putting my hair up in a ponytail and applied my make up on. As I was getting ready I felt nervous and curious for some reason. I have so many questions for him about his past and also my mother's. Today I'm gonna get all my questions answered. 

As I make it down,  I see all of the boys in the living room getting a lecture from Simon

As I make it down, I see all of the boys in the living room getting a lecture from Simon.

"Now boys I am gonna have some quality time with my daughter. That means when I'm gone I don't want any mess, nothing broken, and no fighting. Understand boys?" Simon warns giving them a serious expression.

"Uncle Si when did we ever do all of those things." Harry says to him.

"Hmmm..the time you and Louis were wrestling and broke the lamp, messed up the kitchen, Niall and Zayn were fighting for something for god knows what...shall I go on" Simon lists out.

"Okay we get it Uncle Si the boys messed up so many times. I will make sure there is no mess and nothing broken because I will be in charge." Liam reassures Simon. The boys gave a glare to Liam.

"Okay Liam I am putting you in charge of the boys because you are the only responsible one out of the all of them."  Simon tells him.

After their little discussion I decided to go into the living room. "Ready to go Simon?" I ask him.

He turns around and faces me with a smile.
"Yes I was just waiting for you." 

"Well lets hit the road." I wave goodbye to the boys and left the house with Simon.

"So where are we going?" I  question him.

"I told you it's a surprise." Simon says starting the car and we both drive away from the house.

"And I told you I hate surprises." I pout again as I cross my together.

"I know but we're almost there." Simon tells me with a smile.

-----------------20 minutes later-----------------

We arrive to a beach and it was so beautiful. The ocean was blue, families having picnics, and everybody just having fun in the water. I was surprised that it was a pretty warm day. Since it's usually cold.

"What are we doing here at the beach?" I  ask Simon.

"Well I used to take your mother to the beach all the time when we used to date." Simon smiles remembering the times he had with my mom.

"Well anyways today is our bonding day and I have the whole day planned out." He claps his hand together all excited.

We first rented bikes and biked for miles, went to go get ice cream , walked on the sand and now having a picnic. To be honest I had so much fun with Simon.

"So how did you and my mom first meet?" I ask him.

"Well it was in high school and we were both seniors. You know the average story of the bad boy and the goody girl; that was us. I was failing history and your mom was the smartest student in the class. She became my tutor and everyday I would go over  to her house and she would help me with the upcoming test and homework. I got to know her better and I instantly fell in love with her. We started dating and she made me feel so happy. She changed my life for the better. I got my grades up, stopped doing fights and changed my personality for my own good. I wanted to make her proud of me. That I can do better in my life and I wanted to show her that I can be a good boyfriend to her. I knew from then on that she was the one for me."

Hearing my mom's and Simon's story made me smile.

"Why did you leave me and my mom ?" I ask him the question that I wanted know in my entire life.

"My father truly never liked your mom. He always thought that I wasted my time on her and she just wanted money from me. You see my dad is top CEO in a huge company and he wanted me to take over the business when he retired. If I was gonna date somebody he wanted somebody that has money and a great company so we can merge in the future to make our company stronger. Of course, I didn't listen to my dad. I still kept  my relationship with your mom. We got married and I was the happiest man in the world. We lived happily and then we had you . A week after you were born my dad threatened me that if I didn't leave the both of you he would make sure to make your mom and your life hell. I knew he meant business and I didn't want that to happen . So I did what I had to do. When your mother left with you to go to your grandma's house I started to pack all my things and left. Trust me that was the hardest thing for me to do . I love the both of  you so much  but I knew I had to do it" He explains to me frowning and tears slid down his cheeks.

"But why didn't you tell mom the reason why you left in a letter?" I question him. Thinking there were so many ways to stay with us or to at least owe my mom an explanation.

" I didn't want your mom to come looking for me because I wanted to keep the both of you safe. Better the both of you hating me and safe. Than staying with the both of you and putting you and your mom in danger. You can think what you want of me ... a "coward", a "horrible father". I just couldn't have the thought of something bad happening to you." Simon says looking straight into my eyes. Stroking my cheeks with his hand.

All I could see were sorrow in his eyes. I knew he was telling the truth. Every single word.

"That's why I promised myself that I would find a way to see the both of you again. To be a happy family like before but I was too late. I failed your mother and you. The love of my life died. She was my best friend and my soul mate. Your mother  never knew  how much I was hurting and I knew she was too. I just wish I can go back and rewind to the past. Just to make everything right. But now my new promise is to make up all the time I wasn't with you in your life. Hopefully I will gain your trust and your forgiveness in the future. Also later on that you will accept me as your father."

I didn't know what to say now that I know the whole truth. I got up on my feet and went to him. I gave him a tight hug to comfort him. His body was tense at first then he hugged me back.

When Simon hugged me back it felt right. So this is how it feels to hug your dad. He missed so much part of my life and now he wants to make up for it. I want to be part of his life and I want to have the father I never had. It may take time but for sure later on I will accept him and call him my father.

Simon POV:

I felt relieved when I told Ariel the truth. I really meant it when I said I want to be a part of my daughter's life. I want to show her that I can be the type of father that she can rely on, needs a shoulder to cry on, can come to me when  she has problems and to be that strict /protective father when a guy is trying to date her.

----------------------Going home------------------

It was 10 pm and we were going back home. She was already passed out on the passenger's seat. I had a fun time with her the whole day. Bike racing, walking on the sand and seeing a smile on her face was my favorite part. I was surprised when she hugged me but I was also happy at the same time.

We arrived at the house and Ariel was still asleep. I opened my door and got out of it. Went around to open the passenger side and carefully carried Ariel. Just as I got to the front door the boys already had the door opened for me.

"If you want I can carry Ariel and bring her to her room Uncle Si." Zayn offers me.

"No its okay Zayn I can do it" I insisted on doing it myself.

I walk to the elevator and press the button take me to the third floor. I open her bedroom door and put her on the bed. Took off her shoes and put the covers over her.

"Goodnight Ariel. I love you." I kiss her forehead and close the door to her room behind me.