Chapter 5 : Spying on Simon

Ariel POV:

In a week I will be moving with Simon to England. There's a part of me that is excited because I will be going somewhere that I never been before but there is a part of me that's sad for leaving.

I'm going to miss my family and my friends. Most importantly I'm going to miss this house. This house has so many memories of my mother and I. Plus this is the only house I ever grew up in.

Today I decided to start packing some of my things. Mark came over to the house to help me.

"I can't believe that your moving away from me Ari. Who am I going to hang out with or need advice or play Call of Duty with?" Mark started to freak out.  I laugh a little.

"Mark we will always be bestfriends to the end. You know that. Plus I will be visiting a lot too and also there is a thing called skype . We can video chat everyday if you want." Trying to lighten things up with him.

"I know but it won't be the same." He starts to frown.

"I know Mark." I sigh sadly.

"Hey I didn't mean to make you sad. To be honest I'm jelly. You get to travel and live in England. That's a dream come true for anybody. Plus it's a new start and adventure for you Ari. Just don't forget me okay." Mark tries to cheer me up.

I run to him and give him a huge hug. "I will never ever forget about you Mark."

"So tell me. How the heck did your father came back to your life?" Mark asks me curiously.

"It's a super long and dramatic story."

"I have time " Mark says pretending to look at his imaginary watch. I slap his arm playfully.

"Well you know my father left me and my mom when I was a baby. Still to this day I don't know why. But the day when my mom died and I decided to stay at Aunt Karen's house, he came. I heard that Aunt Karen was talking to somebody downstairs and I decided to eavesdrop. Then that's when I learned that Simon is my father. I was shocked, happy, angry, sad... all of the emotions combined. The next day Aunt Karen and I went to the coffee shop close by her house to go see Simon because I wanted to get answers from him. I asked why he left us but all he said was 'I did it to protect you and your mother.' What the heck does that mean? Also he kept on saying that he will tell me everything when the time is right." I explain  to Mark everything that happened.

"You know there might be a bad reason why he left. Did you ask him what his job is? What if he's in a gang or a mob leader?" Mark says as he starts to panic.

"Think about it. For a person like him, he dresses pretty well and his cars are classics for sure. The only way to get those things is if he has a good sum amount of money." Mark explains to me.

I start to think about what Mark said and to be honest Mark does have a point. I don't know what Simon does for a living. What if his job is dangerous? What if he's dangerous?

"Ugh... why did you have to put those thoughts in my head? Well what if he's just a guy that worked hard for his money?" I try to convince myself.

"Well there's only one way to get you answer. You have to find out yourself." Mark simply tells me.

"You know what we have to do now right?" I give Mark an evil smile.

"Uh-oh I hate that smile. That means you have a plan."Mark says nervously.

"We are going to spy on Simon tonight."

"Spy? Do you even know where he lives? This is dangerous" Mark points out.