Chapter 1 : Misery

Ariel's POV

"Ariel it's time to wake up." My mom shakes me lightly.

I groan, putting my pillow over my face.
"Give me 10 more minutes mom. It's the weekend ." I grumpily say to her.

"Fine. Then don't blame me if I finish all of the chocolate chip pancakes." She says as she walks out of my room.

My eyes shot wide open. Did she just say chocolate chip pancakes? I dash out of my room as fast as I could. Making it to the kitchen, a stack of delicious chocolate chip pancakes were waiting for me. Of course like the lady I am I stuffed them into my mouth.

"Slow down Ariel you will get a stomach ache." My mother scolds me. But tries to hide her amused face.

I stick out my tongue at her and  stuffed my face with more delicious pancakes.

"So I was thinking that we should have a mother and daughter day." She says to me all excited. My mom sits right next to me and starts eating her pancakes.

"I would love to have a mother and daughter day. Where are we going?"

"Well I was thinking that we could go shopping and then get our nails done." She suggests.

"That sounds so much fun. Give me an hour to get ready and we will go."  Finishing my pancakes. I get up from my seat and went upstairs to take a shower.

After my shower I decided to wear a blue off the shoulder  top with white shorts and my white converse. I put my hair up in a ponytail and applied my makeup. Grabbed my purse, phone and shades before leaving my room.

When I make it down the stairs, I saw that my mom was all dressed

When I make it down the stairs, I saw that my mom was all dressed. She looks from her phone and sees me.

"Ready to go?" My mother asks me. I nodded and we both left the house.

The mall...

My mom and I were walking around looking at different stores. As usual when we try on clothes we throw a little fashion show. Yes we're weirdoes but we don't care. That's why my mom is my best friend because she definitely doesn't act her age and neither do I. Mother like daughter.

...
After our little shopping spree , we decided to go to the food court to eat lunch. We found an empty table and put our stuff down. 

"Now I know when they mean shop till we drop. I don't think I'll be shopping for a couple of months." I sit down on the chair all exhausted.

"Knowing you Ariel you'll go back to shopping after a week." My mom sits on the chair right across from me. Putting all her bags down.

"Pssshhh... no I wouldn't."

My mom gives me a look and rolls her eyes.