Chapter Thirty-Six

Start from the beginning

"It is here." Tiberius had no clue as to what the female was looking for. But she seemed hellbent on finding it. He watched in slight fear as her eyes blaze a fiery grey.

Gently raising her for finger to trace the old carving on the tree, she slowly dropped to her knees. She began to dig with her fingers, uncaring of the dirt that clumped up underneath them. Through the exposed roots, she dug and dug, until the ground gave way. With her nails stained brown, she pulled out a red bag.

Ever so slowly, she opened it. Her eyes blazed with hunger as she took in its contents. A beauty of a weapon, a Heckler & Koch MP5. Round after round of ammunition along with the skillfully crafted gun. Moving the powerful weapon aside, revealed more destructive weaponry. A Karambit, a pair of Chakrams, and a Katana. A crooked, mirthful smile etched across her scarred face.

Tiberius watched warily a few feet away from her, brown eyes full of worry. Walking towards her, e stopped a meter away. Carefully peeking over her shoulder, he watched as she pulled out weapon after weapon. The arsenal ranged from anything from guns to swords to knives. His face paled as he thought of all the blood to be spilled in the following days. Then and there he decided who's team he'd be batting for.

Turning to the male, she leered at him, observing his shaken stance. Running her tongue across her teeth, she felt them sharpen into those of her wolf's.

"Take me to the Council."

§

As she paced along the edge of her deceased mate's territory, her territory, Olympe found herself calm and rational. With the hand gun strapped to her thigh and the pair of Chakrams in a halter that wrapped around her torso. With the katana sheathed, she twirled a Karambit in each hand.

The world around her moved slowly as she stepped into her lands. Hastily walking with purpose, she scented no patrolling Enforcers. It aggravated her to no end when she learned that the Council members took refuge in Romulus' home, her home.

Territory was a major thing in Wolf culture, encroaching on another's lands was something that usually did not happen that often unless a new alpha is in the midsts of evolving, taking lands for his or her pack.

Snarling a breath of air out, she became more alert the further she found herself in the territory. The mere thought of fighting her way into her male's territory had her prickling. The bastards could have had the decency to take their shameful business elsewhere.

Soft giggles stopped her in her tracks. Syncing with the shadows around her, Olympe watched as a trio of pups came bounding through the bramble, blissfully unaware of the mortal danger that surrounded them. Naive pups, innocent pups. Too young to know how to use their heightened senses to their fullest advantage.

Keen eyes watched as they bound through the brush, and long after they disappeared from sight. It wasn't until she heard them no longer did she continue on once more.

Carefully treading through fallen limbs and other natural debris, Olympe counted her breaths until she met an obstacle in her path towards destruction. A vaguely familiar face that contorts with awe.

Suddenly she appeared in front of the male, grabbing him tightly by the throat. Yanking him down by his neck, she tightened her grip significantly until his caramel skin gave off a purplish hue, his eyes wide with fear. His strength was no match for a female on a hell path.

"Where are they, male?"  She threw him harshly to the ground, hovering over him, making sure he did not try to slip away.

Through his sputtering and hacking, she caught his words.