Chapter Sixteen

Lym breathed out a sigh, she was completely embarrassed. She never ran away, and into the bathroom. What was she? A little school girl? Leaning against the door, listening to her mate try to coax her out of the loo.

         Releasing a snarl, keeping an eye on the locked door, she paced around the tiled room. Paranoia was scratching at her, holding her tightly in its grasps, she expected her mate to plow down the door any second. All the while she was wearing a path into the floor, her mate, unbeknownst to her, looked at the door with pained eyes.

            A flash of blonde out of the corner of her eye caught her attention. Turning towards it she let a soft gasp fly free from her full lips.

            She was greeted with the sight of a platinum blond haired femme, a girl with steady gray eyes peered back at her. The girl's hair was in thick locks, small chains were woven through them, back from when her fascination with shiny things was strong. A small button nose was below those even eyes, below her small nose was a pair of full, plump lips, a pretty color of pink.

         Looking back up at those fascinating gray eyes, she saw long, curling lashes, and in those eyes were the occasional blue flecks and a splatter of gold around the pupil. Above those captivating eyes were two thick eyebrows, naturally perfectly shaped. And starting at her hairline, was a thick silver scar that ran down through her left brow, splitting it towards the end, creating a small wing. It continue down to her eye, brushing over her eyelid and down her once smooth cheek, and kisses the side of her lips.

          She backed up further, trying to get a better look at this anonymous femme.

          The girl's body was a horrid masterpiece. Pale skin was splattered with scars, they covered every visible inch of her skin. The girl was short, looked like she barely passed five feet, but the way she carried herself was with a dark confidence, seemingly ready to protect herself if the need arose.

           The girl was familiar. The girl wasn't her. She wasn't Olympe Trycker. She was Lym Trycker, the huntress. This was the girl that so many was feared, it amazed her, this girl in the mirror seemed too much of a beauty to kill. Shame flooded through her as she realized that the only reason they feared her was because of the scars.

              Anger rose in her. Her wolf snapped and snarled its way forth, wanting to prove her worth. Lym fought tooth and claw for control, gripping the sink so hard that it started to crack, her eyes flashed between gray and black like an old film. The struggle was evident in her hunched over stance, she knew that if her wolf got control while in a fit of rage, there was no telling who she would kill or how long it would be until she had control once again.

             "No." She snarled at her reflection, her eyes flashing dull colors.

"You act like you can control me." Her wolf's black eyes stated back at her. Swallowing hard, she shook her head as if to shake away her wolf. She glared at her reflection as her wolf pushed against her innards, clawing inside of her, thin lines of blood dotted across her clothing.

Lym swung her fist into the mirror and grabbed ahold of a large shard and drove it deep into her thigh, trying to do anything to distract her deranged wolf from destroying her mate. Though she didn't care too much for him herself, she knew her wolf would deeply regret killing her mate, as much trouble she went through to influence Lym to go to their mate.

            She was slowly losing the battle of wills, she felt it, the coldness, the darkness of her wolf seeping into her control system. The panic of fear of control loss pushed her to fight harder, a migraine pounded at her head, but in reality it was her wolf screaming obscenities at her, demands to be let out. The crack of her left wrist sounded out in the seemingly quiet bathroom, the battle zone was going on in her head. Desperate eyes looked into the shattered mirror, she made out gunmetal eyes with black rings around them.