Chapter Seventeen

Lym was never satisfied with blood trailing down her pale skin, nor the taste of it in her mouth. She liked the feel of her claws sinking into flesh, tearing through muscle and sinew, hitting bones and puncturing major arteries.

She sighed and looked down at her half transformed frame. Her hands were adorned with four inch long claws, her hair was a bit longer and coarser, her teeth dropped down with precision. Blood coated most of her body.

She looked down at the mangled mass of what was once a breathing creature. The carcass of the moose was mangled and unidentifiable. Her anger and hunger combined wasn't a nice feature, the animal is cold hard evidence of it.

Low panting off in the forest made her eye twitch. She had a good idea who it was, this had been a continuous cycle for a about a week now. She would run off deep into the woods and her mate would follow her, he was always with her, just out of range of her comfort zone, giving her plenty of privacy. He had tried to talk to her in his skins, but her inhumane snarls caused him to back off and he was content with lazily watching her throughout the day in his dark brown wolf form.

She licked at her lips and teeth as her mate came into view, the metallically tang wouldn't fade for the life of her. He took slow, hesitant steps, trying to show her that he wasn't a threat. But, of course, Lym took it as a challenge, she only saw him as rival that was in her small area of land, while in all reality they were in his territory. His wolf had goaded him to try to eat with their mate, but she wasn't putting up with his shit.

He just ignored her warnings and trekked on, slowly but surely, to her. He had advanced ten feet away when she snapped. Unable to shift since she had shut her wolf out, she lunged at him in a bluffing manner. Only stopping a few feet away, retreating when he scrambled back several feet.

A clawed finger traced the mangled body beneath her, carving into the femur bone, she watched in fascination as white dust-like material came out, it being stained red from the body the was arranged half hazardously from her enraged killing state. A low yelp was heard from the east side of her kill, the sun shone brightly on his brown coat, making it turn a reddish brown tint, like rust.

          Her eyes gradually met his, the vivid blues that danced in those orbs never failed to shock her, she thanked the Moon Goddess she had a wicked poker face. She watched, seemingly uninterested, as he pawed at the ground, clearly wanting something. Her head cocked to the side as his nails dug into the ground and whimpers fell out of his mouth.

         She simply hummed in question, he turned and beckoned her to follow. Glaring at him, she went back to carving at the moose bones, liking the way the ivory looked with cut out. His bark of frustration made her head snapped to him, her eyes promised only death if he did it again. His tail drooped slightly, but soon was held high, wagging slowly, she eyes him warily.

           He seemed to huff and shifted in front of her, not caring about the lack of clothing, obviously proud of his body. Lym growled at him, not appreciating his display of his tan body.

          "Lym?" She grunted as a response. "I'd like for you to be tested—" if possible, her canines dropped, getting even longer and a disarming growl erupted from her throat. She despised the word 'tested' and 'you' in the same sentence. It only promised trouble, yet she stayed still, she wasn't about to run again. She would fight, to the death, if it came down to it.

"—for your rank..." He finished, clearly shocked by her outburst, a deep urge to find out what made her react like that overcame.