Chapter Five

Unedited.

        Olympe's eyes peeled open with discontent. The ringing of Gael's cackling still audible, a small quiver took hold of her body. Shaking herself of Gael's remembrance, Olympe stretched until she was ready to take on the day.

Soft sunlight drifted in through the thick canopies above her. Blinking her long lashes, Olympe waited until the blurriness of sleep fades from her eyes, and then trotted off in a Radom direction, though, not heading back towards her mate's house.

Aligning herself onto a deer trail, she walked aimlessly until she felt the familiar tug of hunger in her gut. Letting her nose sniff out and potential prey, Olympe followed the guidance of her senses. They led her towards a small clearing were a few deer grazed.

Not bothering to hide herself or stalk her prey for the hell of it, Olympe launched herself off of her thick haunches, the muscles sending her fairly large body flying into the clearing and a few feet away from the deer. The deer not reacting fast enough, never saw Olympe's long canines before they sunk deep into its neck.

Tearing into the deer's soft flesh, Olympe let the feeling of fresh meat and the metallic taste of blood evade every sense she had, making her head spin with pleasure, closing her eyes until her hunger was no more. Tuning back into reality, she licked her muzzle, smearing the deep red into her grey fur.

A loud growl erupted from the first around her, Olympe immediately braced herself for a fight. Letting her wolf take partial control, they looked around their surroundings calmly, careful to not show their panic, their only weakness. They quickly spotted a large multicolored brown wolf, his browns in an array of shades. His azure blue eyes stared back into her bleak eyes.

The large male before her stood tall and proud, his Alpha genes evident in his cocky stance. The snarls erupting from his thick chest rumbled through the ground, vibrating into Olympe's paws. In response, she growled, protecting her kill.

Peeling back his lips, the male flashed his large canines while slowly starting towards her in careful, sure steps, willing her to submit to him. A low roar burst from her stature. Annoyance flashed through her, this male would be firmly disappointed if he expected her to submit, she wasn't a pack wolf, and nor would she submit to one, and an Alpha at that. Olympe watched with disinterest as his multicolored coat bristled and rose, trying to intimidate her. She barely restrained a snort, it was clear to her that this male, like every other alpha male, was used to getting his way and wasn't used to anyone to ruffling his feathers.

A strained, barely concealed pissed roar escaped his shaking form, his wolf was on the verge of taking control.

I'd like to see him try and take me out.

Humming in agreement, Olympe watched warily as the male stood a few feet away from her, waiting for her to defy him once more. Flaring her nostrils and stomping her large paw on the soft, grassy clearing floor, a low growl passed her lips. Her eyes narrow in disscontempt, the world slowed. Gunmetal eyes watched as the alpha bunched his muscles together before launching himself at the slightest smaller femme, his tusk like teeth reaching for her neck. With a twist of her body, she slides under his airborne body, turning until her wolf body stood with her head held high and chest puffed out with authority.

A gray film fell over everything, taking a sharp breath in, Olympe tackled the unaware male, sinking her teeth deep in his lower back, causing a pain howl of rage to pierce the air. Irritation quickly took root in Olympe, knowing his pack members would have heard that damn howl, and would come running faster than males smelling bitches in heat.

Her talon like nails nestled themselves into his shoulders as she put more of her weight on his, making her giant head swing up and bring her blood coated teeth towards the male's neck. Yelping with sudden, pure fear, the alpha's deep blue eyes turned towards her, wide with fear, sorrow, astonishment, and awe.

Just as she was about to sink her teeth deep in to his neck, a breathy voice echoed in her ears.

We are free, you don't have to kill him, love. He's an alpha, they'll send hundreds after us.

Of course, Olympe thought. How could she have been so careless, she wasn't a prisoner fighting for her life any longer, no one was forcing her to kill anyone, this was purely herself. The realization scared her, she had always promised herself she'd never kill someone for nothing. The alpha was simply protecting his territory.

She quickly scrambled off of the confused alpha. Bowing her head in a quick nod, and choking out a strangled noise in an apology, she backed away from the male.

Turning, she heard the familiar sound of cracking bones, the sickening sound not fazing her.

"Arrêtez." A strong, deep voice halted her steps, confusion flooded through her. What was this? Was she not in America still?

A low growl flooded out the foreign language.

"An American, then?" She flared her nostrils and turned to face him fully, paying no attention to his handsomeness. "Allow me to introduce myself," he pauses his thick, French accented voice. "I am Basile Molyneux, Alpha of the Lune Bleue Pack." Her ears perked up in interest, never hearing of this particular pack before now. "And you, peu gris, have almost killed me. No wolf has ever done that before, yet you restrain yourself. I am granting you access to live in my territory. Follow if you want." With that small announcement, the naked man shifted into his wolf and trotted off into the opposite direction.

What are you waiting on? This is us being free, go after the looker.

     Olympe warily followed after him, not allowing them to get close to each other, just close enough to keep the Frenchman in sight. Taking cautious steps, even breathes, and keeping her eyes sharp, she had trained her eyes on the brown rump of the wolf in front of her, letting him walk at his own pace.

     An hour or so had passed before they arrive at what Olympe could only describe as a mansion, the tall structure loomed above her, even though she was on the outskirts of the large yard. The Frenchie had shifted back into his human form, mooning Olympe, causing a disgruntled growl from her throat. For the first time, she actually looked at him.

     Brown hair, blue eyes, tan skin. He sounds plain, but Goddess be good he wasn't a simple man, not even close. That brown hair was curly and fell into those deep blue eyes that were accented by high cheekbones, full plump lips wore a faint smile, a tan, lean body stood naked as the day he was born, with an ass that any female would have loved to grab.

     Olympe felt her wolf growl with appreciation at the fine male specimen, even if he wasn't her mate, she knew when a man was a good one.

     "What are you waiting on, peu gris? Come on in." Basile pulled on a pair of jogging pants that seemed to come out of no where. She just snarled in response, turning to make her bed under a tree. "Look, femelle, you are welcome into my packhouse and lands. It gets cold in the nights, why don't you come in?" He raises his voice to be heard over the distance Olympe put between them, she was grateful that he didn't try to close it.

     She only closed her eyes for her midday nap as a response.