"What are you doing?" He asks, his eyes still shut from the pain.

"Just let me check it, okay?" I say and begin to touch it. As I press into his ankle, he grunts and stiffens.

"I think you sprained your ankle." I say. "Can you stand up?"

I take both of his hand and help him up, his movements still rough as he jerks his legs to prevent his ankle to move. When he's finally both on his feet, I take his arm and wrap it around my neck, letting his weight lean on me. I drag him along as I walk and he follows me.

"Where are we going?" He asks, walking away from his team mates and coach. We pass by Yuri who seems to understand and gives me an understanding nod.

"The clinic, where else?"

*

"Is this going to heal right away? Ow." He asks right away as soon school nurse tries to move his ankle around. She takes her pen and writes something to her clipboard then begin poking his ankle's area.

"About a few days up to a week since it's definitely swollen." The nurse examines his ankle. "What happened, did you just trip?"

He looks at me then looks at where nurse is poking his ankle. "Y-yeah, I didn't see that there was spilled water on the floor so I slipped."

"How can you not see the water?" I irritatedly ask. "You hurt yourself because of water."

"I'm fine, it doesn't hur-" He pauses as the nurse gives his ankle a little squeeze. "Ow."

"This needs to be bandaged." The nurse concludes and makes her way to the back of the room. "I'll be right back."

"Are you okay?" I ask him. "Be careful next time."

"Stop." He says, moving away from me. "You're not my mom."

"I just want to know if you're okay." I glared at him. "You didn't have to be so rude."

"Stop caring about me." He says bluntly. "You don't have to, I can take care of myself."

His words make me pull back, realizing that those mere words can cause a pinch in my heart. I was just trying to be nice to him, was that so wrong of me to do?

The nurse comes back with a roll of white bandage. She stands right beside the clinical bed where Yoongi is sitting. She starts to wrap the bandage on his ankle, lifting his foot up very gently.

"Nurse, please help!" Two students enter the clinic. One of them was a girl with tears streaming down her cheek, and the other was a guy holding a balled handkerchief against his bleeding forehead.

"What happened?" The nurse asks, leaving us alone. "Please roll the bandage on him." She commands to me and hurriedly assist the other students.

I guess they're more of a priority since he's bleeding.

I move down, closer to where Yoongi's foot is. I take the bandage and wrap it on his ankle once, but then he lays his foot back down again, leaving me no space to wrap it one more time.

"Lift it up a bit." I order him.

"No, you're not a doctor or a nurse."

"I will be one day." I proudly say, my fingers gripping lightly on his ankle.

"Then i'll do it when you're already one."

"Why do you have to be so difficult?" I frustratingly say as I lift his feet up and quickly pass through the bandage. "That wasn't so hard, was it?"

"I don't need your help."

I look at the nurse who is still busy at helping the other student. "I think you do."

He looks at the nurse as well and lets off a defeating sigh. "Whatever, just make it quick."

*

"You can go back to night school."

Yoongi says, breaking the awkward silence between us. The nurse told us that Yoongi needs to go home and get a long rest so we're here on the waiting area right now, waiting for his brother to come and pick him up.

"No, I want to stay until he gets here."

"Why are you so hard headed?"

"Why are you so rude?"

"I'm not rude."

"Yeah, you are." I burst. "I have been nothing but nice to you. All I wanted is to just help you. I even offered to help you walk on your way home but you didn't want to. Why are you being like this?"

He kept on staring at the cars passing by, their lights contrasting the dusk. He acted as if he didn't hear anything, not replying to what I just said.

"I don't want people expecting me to give back." He finally admits as he murmurs softly yet with a serious tone.

I chuckle, taken aback from what I just heard. "I'm not expecting you to give back anything."

A white car stops right in front of us. The window rolled down slowly, revealing a man who looks a lot like Yoongi, only older.

"Oh, Yoongi-ah." The guy smiles then inhales from his cigarette. "Is this your girlfriend?"

"No, no." I quickly say, shaking both of my hands at him.

"She's not." Yoongi skips his way to the car, his other feet wrapped in the bandage. He sits down and bangs the door shut.

"Aren't you going to say bye to her?" His brother teases him, poking his cheek.

"Bye." He says, looking ahead at the road.

"Aish, this kid." He ruffles Yoongi's hair. "Thanks for looking after my baby brother."

"Hyung, i'm not a kid. Let's just go."

His brother waves goodbye while Yoongi still doesn't bother to look at me.

"Thanks again." His brother says before driving away.

I sighed as I see the car disappearing through the streets. I take my phone from my pocket to check what time it was.

7:17 p.m.

I guess it's too late for me to go back to night school. But at least I know that Yoongi will get home safely.

That's what matters.

I was about to put my phone back into my pocket until it vibrated again. One new message pops up.

Yoongi:
Thanks.
sent @ 7:19 pm