Jealous

(Click image to see full picture.)

"Well I must say you seem like a fine young gentleman, I don't know what your head was talking about." My farther says.

"Why thank you sir, you have no idea how much it means to me to hear that from my idle." Cameron says.

"I'm your idle?" He questions.

"You saved so many people's lives on that trip to Italy, my step cousin was one of them." Cameron says. Why did he have to bring that up? He knew what it meant to me but he said it anyway all for the sake of a lie.

"If you'll excuse me." I say, my voice cracking from holding in tears. I leave Cameron's side and walk up the swirly staircase that leads upstairs. I go into my room and slam the door before sitting hopelessly on the bed but I'm only alone for a short while.

"Alice? Are you okay?" Chris questions from the door.

"I'm fine. Go have fun." I reply, wiping a tear away.

"And leave you to cry at your own dinner party?" Chris questions, walking in. "I do hope you think higher of me than that."

"I do. My expectations have just been dropping recently, I think I'm in with the wrong crowd Chris and I don't know what to do." I explain to him.

"I don't know who they are and I get the feeling you aren't going to tell me." I shake my head. "But stay away from them, you don't want to ruin your future over a bad choice of friends." Chris advices.

"Thank you." I sigh.

"If only you were a little older you could come hang with me and my friends." Chris says, putting his hand on my knee and trailing it up to my thigh. "In fact looking like this you could come with us anyway."

Cameron's POV:

I instantly go after Alice to see Chris beat me too it. I listen at the door and peek through a gap. I see him place his hand on her thigh and begin to flirt and she's not stopping him, maybe she's scared too. What is this feeling inside me? It's not jealously it can't be. I don't get jealous. Why am I fucking jealous!? I don't care I have to stop this.

Alice's POV:

"Why would she want to come read books with a bunch of snobs?" Cameron questions from the door.

"Excuse me?" Chris questions, standing up.

"Coming on to a girl three years younger than you, that's a little below you don't you think?" Cameron asks.

"What's it to do with you?" Chris questions.

"It's not, I just figured you wouldn't want it spreading to your parents." Cameron says.

"I'm sure they'd be fine with it, they love Alice." Chris replies.

"What about your friends? Do you think you'll get lad points for sleeping with a girl you used to babysit?" Cam questions.

"It's you who needs the babysitter! Who do you think you are waltzing in here after what you said out there. You should go." I say, finally standing up to him.

"The only reason I'm here is for you!" Cameron exclaims.

"Alice I get the feeling he's one of the people you are talking about, stay clear. He's bad and dangerous." Chris says.

"Maybe I like him that way." I speak which I see has power over both the boys.

"If that's how you feel then your already lost to him. I think the only people who can pull you back are your parents." Chris says, walking towards the door.

"Chris don't!" I yell. Cameron grabs him by the back of his shirt and flings him back on to the floor.

"I suggest you keep your mouth shut or I'll shut it for you." Cameron threatens. "You were right I am dangerous so I suggest you stay on my good side."

"Alright fine. I won't tell anyone." Chris says, chocking slightly on what remains of his dignity before getting up, brushing himself off and walking out. "I'll see you later Alice." He says with a smirk in his voice which drives Cameron crazy, crazy enough to try going after him.

"Leave him Cameron." I order, grabbing his shoulder and pulling him back. Just his touch feels different on my hand what has just happened?