Leaving Me

"You need to meet my parents." I state.

"Whoa what?" Cameron questions. "What'd you mean? I thought we established-"

"Not like that. They want to check that your reasonably well behaved person for me to be hanging out with..." I go on to tell him exactly what my parents told me.

"So I have to meet your parents at a dinner party they're hosting tomorrow and make a good impression or I can't see you again?" Cameron questions.

"Yeah, pretty much." I reply.

"Are you talking to yourself in their darling?" My mum asks through the door. Cameron and I both jump and stare at each other.

"No!" I reply. "That's crazy."

"Well I need to talk to you? Can I come in?" She asks.

"I'm naked!" I state.

"But it's a bubble bath, it'll be quick." She says.

"Get in the cupboard!" I whisper loudly to Cameron.

"The things I do for you." He chuckles quietly before getting up and walking into the bathroom closet and shutting the door.

"Come in mother!" She walks inside.

"I know we have been rough on you but it's just because we want the best for you, so you can be a doctor, earn lots of money when your older so that you can have a house like this and be like me and your farther." She explains.

"I know you guys just apply so much pressure." I sigh, completely forgetting about Cameron in the closet.

"Speaking of me and your farther. We are both going over to Africa to treat some people there at the end of the week. We will be staying over there for four months, I hope that's okay." She says.

"So your leaving me again? Just like you did when I was seven. Don't your remember what happened last time?" I question her.

"I know things were bad then but your ten years older now, more responsible." My mum replies.

"Why do you always put work first? I almost died mum! Most parents wouldn't leave again." I yell at her.

"Our work is saving lives. Whilst you almost died we saved seven others." She defends.

"So seven strangers are more important to you than your own daughter!" I exclaim.

"Do you know how much we got paid for that trip?"

"Do now money's more important too! Where do I stand on your list? Just get out! Go to Africa! Stay as long as you want! See if I care but don't be surprised if I'm not here when you get back." I yell at her.

"Honey-"

"Get out." I order angrily. She turns and walks out the room with her head held low.

"I'm so sorry." She says before shutting the door.

"So you should be." I mutter. I hold my breath and pull my head under the bath water, it's the only place I can clear my head and be free with my thoughts.

Suddenly, a something grabs my head and pulls me up, making me take a deep breath of air and splash about. "Cameron." I say, remembering he was here the whole time. "What are you doing?"

"Me? What are you doing?" Cameron snaps.

"Nothing." I reply bluntly. "Can you pass me my towel?" He passes it to me. "Now turn around." When he does I stand up and wrap the towel around me and pull out the plug, letting the water drain out.

"Are you okay?" Cameron asks with a serious face.

"Me? I'm fine. Don't worry about it." I reply and walk into my bedroom, locking my door so that my parents don't intrude.