In The Bag

At lunch I see Cameron on his phone in the corner of the corridor. "One second." I say to my friends and walk over to him, it's time to suck it up, I'm partnered with him now so I have to talk to him.

"Your not allowed on your phone, you know?" I question him.

"I know, I just don't care. I take it that's not the only reason you came over here?" Cameron replies.

"The project; I don't like you and you don't like me so let's just get this over and done with, we need to get it done tonight then we never have to talk to each other again." I explain.

"Okay fine. Give me your phone." Cameron orders.

"What? No. I'm not giving you my phone, they're not allowed and even if they were I wouldn't give you it." I say to him.

With out warning Cameron reaches into my front jean pocket and pulls my phone out which makes me freeze up. "Ooh someone's got money, you've got the iPhone seven." Cameron says.

"So do you." I state.

"Yeah but I'm guessing you didn't steal yours?" Cameron questions with a smirk.

"You stole that!" I exclaim.

"Little louder next time, I don't think the people in Australia heard you." Cameron says sarcastically.

"What are you doing with my phone?" I ask him, trying to take it back.

"Relax will you." He smirks, pulling it away from me. "I'm just putting my number in so I can text you my address."

"Well hurry up, I don't want you to get caught and have my phone taken away." I urge him.

"Aw, for a second there I thought you actually cared about me getting caught." Cameron says with a fake pout.

"Are you done yet?" I ask him.

"There I'm done." He replies handing me my phone back. Quickly, I shove it in my pocket. "See that wasn't so difficult was it?"

I role my eyes at him and take a step forward before retaking it back. "Where did you go this morning?" I ask him.

"What are you talking about?" Cameron questions, shutting his phone off and looking at me.

"You left history really fast and you weren't in maths, where'd you go?" I re-ask him.

"Careful Alice your beginning to sound like you care." Cameron smirks.

"And you sound like your hiding something." I psychoanalyse.

"Easy there detective. I went to the bathroom." Cameron says.

"For almost an hour?" I question him.

"I went to the bathroom to drink this." Cameron admits, opening his bag, revealing his stash of alcohol.

I don't know what to say, I thought he had books in there but I see two bottles of vodka, a packet of cigarettes and a pouch of cocaine. "Is that coca-" I begin before I'm cut off by Cameron shoving me against the wall and covering my mouth with his hand. He zips up and puts the bag down with the hand he has free before moving it to beside my head.

I latch my hands on to his arm and try to make him remove his hand from my mouth but he doesn't. "Lets not say that too loudly, I don't need the cops coming after me again." Cameron says in a deep voice.

"Let her go." I hear Cody's voice say from behind Cameron.

"Easy, no need to get the nerd squad on me, we were just having a conversation." Cameron says, stepping away from me. "Right Alice?"

"I'm fine guys." I state, picking up my bag from the ground that fell when he moved me. "Let's go."