Distraction

"One more thing." Cameron says. I turn to face him to see he looks rather curious.

"What?" I ask him in a tired tone.

"How did you get marked in this morning?" Cameron questions.

"My friend hacked the school system for me, he's a hacker." I reply. "You must be too though, how else did you get on the computer?"

"Actually I don't know a thing about hacking, the principals just a dumbass who doesn't shut off his computer." He replies.

"Do me a favour and next time just talk to me rather than bring me here." I sigh.

"Wait! Don't you want a celebratory drink?" Cameron asks, putting a bottle of vodka on the table.

"What would we be celebrating?" I question him.

"Our victory last night." He replies.

"Excuse me?" I question with sass.

"No, no, no. Not that." Cameron says, getting out the chair. "We won the race remember."

"There's CCTV footage in here, I'm not getting caught drinking." I state.

"You don't have to get caught." Cameron closes in on me, leaving me trapped in a corner of the office. "This is a blind spot on the cameras, stay here and you won't get caught doing anything."

"I have work to do, I can't spend my life playing your games." I snap.

"Oh come on, I even bought a glass for you since your a classy girl and all." Cameron smirks.

"Move, I have to get back to lesson." I say trying to push him away from me.

"Why can't you just let yourself relax?" Cameron asks.

"I said move." I grunt.

"Fine, but you know where to find me if you change your mind." Cameron says, stepping to the side so that I can leave.
I walk out the door and head back to class.

The lesson before lunch we have a test which happens to be very inconvenient for me since I can't think straight at the moment, my mind is swamped with thoughts of Cameron. Come on, I can do this. Okay first question.

What do you get if you mix sodium and oxygen?

I have no idea! Why can't I think properly! The rest pretty much continues like this, I write down an answer for everything questions but for once I'm not confident in them.

When I finish I put my test on the teachers desk and tap my feet under the desk from nerves. "Alice, please stop. People are trying to work." The teacher says.

"Sorry." I apologise. I sit alone with my thoughts, thoughts that cloud my brain with negativity until I can't take it any longer, Cameron's right, I need to relax.

As soon as the bell goes I walk out of class with Anna, Brian and Dylan. "That test was so easy." Anna scoffs.

"I know. Sodium and oxygen? Duh!" Cody laughs.

"Keep it down nerds." Cameron grunts, walking past us.

"Shut up." I snap at him. It's his fault I probably failed, he's a distraction, but is he an unwanted or wanted distraction?

"Why are you so mean to me?" Cameron questions in an intended to be obvious fake hurt voice.

"Because I don't like you." I reply.

"Why? Every other girl does. Isn't that right Anna?" Cameron questions, making Anna melt like butter. He walks off smirking to himself.

"I thought you hated him?" I ask her.

"I don't like him, he's still hot though." She whispers to me.

"We've got another test in history next." Cody states which feels like I've just been stabbed. Another test! I need a distraction. Cameron.

"I'll be back soon, don't wait for me." I order them before going after Cameron. I head out the door and to the field when someone grabs me from behind and drags me to the stoner pit.

(PS the stoner pit is the area around all the bins where no teacher goes because it's out of bounds, all the kids go here to get high. It's the prefect spot, everyone just thinks the smell is the trash.)