Chapter 44 Show time

A/N You may or may not be aware of a certain election for world leader which has been going on in the real world. A bitter election which has been fought our TV screens and twitterfeeds. An election which has inspired the comedy election in this book. One were many people had hoped a woman would be in the position of ultimate global power. The votes are in however, So yes we would like to welcome new António Guterres who has just won the position of Secretary General of the UN. Comment if you know the name of the current Secretary General and we may dedicate a chapter to you. RK+Reb.

Over the following days my tail drive into self loathing and pity was for a time interrupted by Kinrda Soul organising a 'small talk' for Io to talk about herself re: her problem of possible enslavement. Apart from the math's class as school it was practically the only time I saw Io. Io came and went unpredictability like fashion. Zakarie would sometimes hang outside the class and pick her up immediately. She always seemed pleased to see him and I got the vibe of a girl in love. She tended to sleep in his place in Budapest or in Seattle so her flat up stairs was quit and I had no real idea what was going on. Zakarie influence had undone my and the other girls best efforts Io was in her stiletto high heels again. Io wasn't short so you did wonder on those shoes if there was enough oxygen that high in the atmosphere. Zakarie had refused to come which I felt wasn't very supportive but when did sensitivity enter a boy like's Zakarie limited vocabulary ? Possibly Sunday morning when I was a sleep.

Io,Kindra, Kentro, Memphis and I arrived by hyper loop at a station I had never heard of Madison Square Garden. We got off the platform and were surrounded by robots of all types. Kindra lead the way and was we walked the robots look at us but stood aside. I noticed arrow signs for 'Upchuck this way' on the way.

"This feels like a robotic version of Exodus" I said looking at the crowd of machines around me.

Io looked slightly drawn.

"Io you OK? If your nervous about this don't worry Kindra said it was just a small talk to get you going. If you have any problems feeling nervous imagine the audience sitting in their underwear." I said. Who says drama class doesn't have transferable skills?

"Talking not problem." said Io "Zakarie say's Io talks too much. Hearing not a problem too, but Zakarie sometimes talks to Io on high volume."

My first instinct was to sink this ship but that was my feelings no Io's. Io needed this relationship. Her English had improved, she behaved less robotically. She needed someone, at least until the court case, I wasn't going to ruin it for her. I was wondering if I was projecting my negative feelings about John on Zakarie.

"He shouts at you? That's not good. But it can be OK, sometimes couples argue, it's an inefficient way to deal with problems and differences. The question is do you still love him? and if so it's worth trying to sort things out, but not at full volume" I said I don't think I'll be aiming for a therapist job any time soon. 

Kindra Soul entered a door way marked 'authorised personnel only'. Io at first refused saying she didn't feel authorised. We coaxed her in and went to a room which was back stage. Io went over her talk she and Kindra had written together. I could tell Io was nervous so I went to look at the audience.

I sneeked up to the stage area and looked out at the huge stadium full of robots. I thought we had just got off the hyper loop near some machine place. It turns out the robots were the audience. I looked out at the huge stadium. I looked,

 out past more robots than you could shake a robotic stick at. I had a feeling Kindra would end the whole thing with 'Miss Io has left the building' to a disappointed crowd.

"I don't understand, I thought we are here for Io to give a talk about her problem" I said getting back and grabbing Kindra.

"That's right" said Kindra