Favorite Couple Contest- Theo and Dimitri

Start from the beginning

                Someone shook me and I groaned and cracked my eyes open. “Thalia, go away. I said I didn’t want to hang out with you guys,” I snapped.

                “Oh, you are in a foul mood little Theodore,” Dimitri said.

                I groaned again, dropping my face against my pillow. “What are you doing here? How did you get here so fast? We were literally on the phone two minutes ago.”

                “Fifteen,” he corrected. “We hung up, I got dressed, and I came here.”

                “Really?” I asked in surprise. “Fifteen?” Huh, I had really drifted off.

                “Really,” he said, gently peeling my blankets back to reveal my face. “Now what in the magnificent hell are you doing, dear?”

                “Being a human burrito,” I said, smacking his hand away and pulling the blankets back over myself. “It’s not a phase. It’s who I really am.”

                “I’m sure it is. Why are you in such a foul mood?” he asked.

                “I couldn’t sleep last night,” I grumbled. “Lack of sleep makes me cranky. And I can’t fall asleep to take a nap.”

                “Why couldn’t you sleep?” he asked, pulling the blankets back again.

                I sighed and rubbed my tired eyes, rolling over so that I was on my back. “Nightmare,” I mumbled.

                “To sleep- perchance to dream: Ay, there’s the rub, for in that sleep of death what dreams may come?” he said.

                “Is that Hamlet?” I asked. This boy had a freaking Hamlet quote for everything.

                “Indeed it is,” he said with a nod. “Hamlet feared killing himself for many reasons, one being the fear of dreams after death. When you’re alive, you wake up from a nightmare. But when you’re dead, you could experience that nightmare for the rest of eternity.”

                “You and your stupid Hamlet obsession,” I grumbled.

                “Turn that frown upside down!” he said cheerfully, leaning over and kissing me.

                “Why did you come here? I want to be alone,” I said.

                “Oh Mister Grumpypants,” he said, smirking at me.

                “You don’t want to be around me,” I said, rolling over.

                He forced me to face him again. “I have a 7 year old brother, little Theodore. I can handle cranky,” he assured me.

                “I just want to be alone,” I said.

                “Too bad!” he said happily. “You’re stuck with my fabulous self, darling.”

                I hesitated before shrugging. “Fine. If you won’t leave me alone, then shut up while I try to sleep.” As casually as I could, I added, “You might as well lie down with me.”

                “You have to unroll yourself, my wonderful little burrito of a boyfriend,” he said.

                I rolled my eyes before struggling out of my cave of blankets. Dimitri laid down next to me, pulling me into his arms and pulling the blankets over us.

                Relieved that Dimitri was here, I rested my head on his chest. He played with my hair, kissing my temple. Having him here soothed me, and made me less afraid of having more nightmares.

                “Go to sleep grumpy little Theodore,” he said.

                “Dimitri, I love you,” I said, my voice thick with sleep. He acted like he didn’t care about anything, but I had a feeling he knew that I had wanted him to come here. Something told me that he knew I wanted him to hold me while I slept.

                “Everyone does, dear,” he said, smirking. But there was affection in his eyes, and it made me smile as I drifted off to sleep in his arms.  

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A,N.- Alright I know it was random and short and kind of felt like it belonged in Changing Will (sorry, I'm still stuck in that writing mindset haha). Also, I know I said I was gonna write it yesterday, but my friends convinced me to go out. And then my roommate and I slept in for forever today. And then we went to the mall to ghetto shop for Christmas because we're broke college kids. And I just got back and wrote this quickly. Wooooo! 

Haha, so, yea. A little Theo and Dimitri. Not the best, but I hope you guys enjoy it regardless! 

~Jen