Chapter 18: Daddy's Lessons

Nina:

"Please sit down Nina. We have some very important business to discuss."

I stared dumbfounded for a second, but I worked up the courage to speak.

"What um...what kind of business?" I gulped.

"Just have a seat and we'll talk over dinner." Marco's father smiled.

Before I could speak again I was roughly pushed back down into the chair. I flinched as my chair was pushed in. I could feel someone's breath on my ear. Once I heard the person chuckle like the damn Joker, I knew it was Marco. His big hands gripped my shoulders roughly.

"Ouch.." I wiggled my shoulder, trying to make his hold on me loosen.

"Just cooperate so we can talk over dinner eh?" He whispered harshly in my ear. I felt him remove his hands from me and make his way around me, to the right side of the table, where he then sat down. My eyes locked on him the whole time. I was just hoping that maybe if I stared a little longer, he would just drop dead. Or catch on fire. One or the other would be just fine.

But he didn't..

He looked back at me, with that famous perfect smile, like he had just saved the world. As much I hated to always think, everything about this idiot was perfect. And now I knew...it was because of his damn daddy.

"Marco..I told you to be gentle with her. Did you do as I said?" His father spoke up, his hands folded neatly on the table.

"Of course I did."

"You're lying to me." The man said as a matter of factly. "I saw the scrape marks on her wrists and the bruising under her eye."

Silence.

Marco glared at his father. "Does it really matter father? She's not dead--"

"That's not the POINT!" Marco's father slammed his hands on the table, causing me to jump in fear.

Again. Silence.

Demitri who sat across from Marco looked down at the table. It wasn't his problem so he kept his mouth shut. As did I.

"Marco you've always been so goddamn hardheaded. I haven't even retired yet and you're still walking around like YOU run shit, when you don't! When are you just going to sit your ass down and take orders like you're SUPPOSE to!? Huh?"

Marco's jaw clenched in anger and his hands balled into fists. "She was being disrespectful--"

"Shut up goddamn it! All you have is excuses...as far as I'm concerned you're not my son right now. You need to climb off the invisible high horse you've been riding boy. Or you're going to dig your own grave." Mr. De Luca scoffed at his son. Marco pushed his sunglasses over his eyes and  let out a loud. breath.

In a way I felt bad for how Marco was being talked to, then again, he's an asshole and he deserves the way he's being treated. That's how I've been treated by him for 2 days now. My momma always said, you reap what you sow.

Or in new terms, karma is a bitch.

A small young women suddenly entered the room, wearing a black dress and a white apron around her waist. She was a very beautiful girl. Her face looked soft and innocent. She had jet black wavy hair, that reached down to her waist and her olive colored skin glowed from youth. This girl couldn't be anymore than 18.

Did they kidnap this girl as well? She looked so scared.

"Um sorry to interrupt Mr. De Luca, but dinner is ready." She spoke in a low gentle tone, like she was afraid of him. Mr. De Luca nodded his head and shooed with his hand.
"Thank you Sandra."