Chapter 4: Friend?

A/N: beautiful Nina on the left, and the handsome Andrew on the right.

Narrator:

"$6,045 a month momma! Only a month!"

Nina had her phone propped up against her ear with her shoulder, while walking around the apartment, mixing a bowl of brownie batter.

"That is so good baby! See what I told you? When God closes one door, he opens another." Nina's mom exclaimed on the other end.

Nina dipped a finger in her batter and licked it. "Mhm yeah I know momma, you were right. How is everybody down there?"

"Everyone's just fine! Your father and I are going on a cruise to the Bahamas. We're gonna spend a month there. Oh and Nathan is doing well, but um..he and Canda have been getting very close lately.." Her mom trailed off making Nina frown.

"What do you mean by close momma?" Nina began to pour her batter into the butter sprayed pan, using the spoon to smooth out the top.

"Girl now you know what I mean. They been gettin close. Don't act like you ain't see it coming."

"She's right." Nina thought.

She always sensed Canda and Nates attraction towards each other, but she always thought it'd be weird and somewhat gross.

"Mm, we'll keep me posted. I'm baking so I'll talk to you later. Love you."

"Love you too honey and congratulations." The line clicked and Nina sighed looking down at the brownie batter in the pan.

When she was in a good mood she cooked. Whether it was baking a cake, or a full course meal. She always had the need.

Nina put the brownies in the oven and went to watch tv until they finished.

____

"Today you won't be doing anything too hectic but as the week goes on, you'll jump right into your work." Nina followed swiftly behind Ms. Francis' secretary Melissa.

Her blond hair bounced at she walked quickly down the hall to a large empty room. They stopped in front of the room and Melissa turned to Nina with a smile.

"Ms. Johnson...welcome to your new office."

As Melissa opened the door, her jaw dropped in complete awe. The room was beautiful with black furniture. Everything was so new and the room smelled of febreeze.

"Oh I love it." She whispered walking inside, admiring every inch of her new office.

"I'll leave you to settle in. Welcome to the company." Melissa nodded and shimmied off.

She went behind the desk and sat in her rollie chair and sat down, crossing her legs.

Giggling, she twirled around it in a few times. The fourth time she twirled around ,someone was standing in front of her desk.

A man for that matter...

Gasping she stopped, almost falling out but thankfully she'd grabbed the desk to stop.

"Having fun newbie?" Andrew chuckled deeply, his white teeth showing fully.

Nina's heart was beating in her ears and her cheeks heated in embarrassment.