Chapter 17: Welcome Back Sweetheart

A/N: please read the A/N at the end of this chapter.

Nina:

We had been driving for almost an hour. Or at least it felt like that. On account of my eyes being blindfolded, I couldn't see the clock that ticked away on the SUV's radio. It was also silent, for the most part, as we drove. The men occasionally spoke, but only in Italian, so I didn't understand squat. But no one had spoken in a while and that  worried me.

Demitri felt my body tensing up, so he whispered, "We're almost there Nina. Relax."

But I couldn't relax. Actually, I had every right not to be relaxed. Marco had kidnapped me, drugged me, hit me, tied me to a chair and yelled at me about something I wasn't a part of. Hell, something I knew nothing about. Now I'm in a car full of armed Italian men, on my way to an unknown destination. It made my stomach churn. I had thought about all of those mafia movies my dad and I had watched together. How evil and vile the men were. I don't know if I'm going to be killed, tortured... or even raped.

My anxiety got seemingly worse because of my vivid imagination. But suddenly the vehicle came to a stop, causing me to inhale sharply. I could hear the engine being turned off and the doors being opened from the front. Then the doors in the back next. I felt Marco get out, causing my right shoulder to feel a little cold. I was use to his warmth being there.

Suddenly a hand wrapped around my waist and began to gently pull me out of the car. It was from the left side of the car.

Demitri.

I thought, smiling to myself, but a rough hand gripped my arm letting me know that it wasn't Demitri or Marco. Someone else gripped my other arm and they began to guide me to wherever we were going. There was no way of knowing where we were, there was only the sound of footsteps.

We suddenly stopped, but I didn't stop with the two men holding me so I bumped into to someone's back. It was Marco. Even though I couldn't see him I knew he'd turned around to look at me.

I gulped.

He sighed. Then I heard the sound of a doorbell.

A doorbell! We're at someone's house!  But whose?

The door clicked and creaked as it opened. I could feel the cool air from inside brush my cheeks.

"Ah! Marco!" I heard a women exclaim rather loudly.  A few kissing noises sounded as Marco and the women greeted each other.

"Ciao Maria. Come sei bella?" Marco chuckled that deep laugh causing the woman to laugh as well.
(Hello Maria. How are you beautiful?)

"Ciao! Sto bene!  Venite baby. Come in."
(Hi! I'm well! Come baby.)

After that I was quickly being ushered into the home, the men guiding me all through the house. I felt like my feet were on fire. We stopped and I suddenly felt myself being pushed down into a chair. Both of the men's large hands let go of my shoulders.

So I just sat there.

Waiting.

Waiting in silence.

I sat there for what felt like half an hour.
My body turned hot as I got angrier and angrier. These big stupid oversized oompa loompas kidnap me and then bring me to someone's house just to sit in silence? I had been real quiet because I didn't want to get hurt, but since Demitri told me that's forbidden, I felt that it was time to say something.