Chapter 10: Breakfast Secrets

Nina:

The pounding of my head woke me from my peaceful slumber, causing a groan to emit from my lips. I squinted my eyes at the sunlight coming through my window.

Why didn't I close my blinds last night?

I felt something cold in my right hand, and turned my head to see a bottle of empty red wine

I think I'm becoming an alcoholic...

My stomach rumbled as soon as I sat up. I was hungry as hell and I needed something to dull this headache I had.

Wait.

Breakfast.

"Shit!" I shouted as I shot up from the bed with the bottle still in my hand. I looked at the clock and saw it was 8:15. I'd totally forgotten I told Marco I would make breakfast for him!

I scurried into the bathroom and hopped in the shower, but I damn near broke my neck trying to get in. I had managed to brush my teeth with one hand and wash off with the other which was a fucking herculean task. When I got out I dried off and shimmied into a pair of undies and some black joggers . I was in such a rush that I put the deodorant on one of my arms and lotion under my armpit.

"Well this is one of the dumbest things I have done so far today." I mumbled to myself. After my dumb ass moment, I scrambled around for my glasses. I'd usually wear contacts but I didn't have the 15 minutes it usually took me to put them in.

"Oh where are my glasses? Oh where are my glasses? OH WHERE, OH WHERE, OH WHERE, OH WHERE, OH WHERE, OH WHERE, OH WHERRRRRE........." I hollered out loud then paused dramatically. "Are my glasses?" I whispered out at the end. I giggled out loud and ran into the kitchen. My giggling was stopped short when I almost broke my neck again because I tripped over the corner of a chair in my living room.

"Who in the Sam Hill put this chair here!?" I hollered out as I held my ankle. I lifted my self up and limped to the kitchen as fast as my feet could carry me. Before I could start doing anything I hooked my phone up to my speakers and blasted Work by Rihanna. I immediately pulled out all my ingredients and went into overdrive. I mixed, flipped, powdered and poured until my hands cramped.

It was 8:55 and I had set all of the food on the table, but my place was a bit messy. There were magazines, shoes, empty Starbucks coffee cups and even a couple of pairs of bras.

"God I'm such a pig!" I yelled out. I was usually a neat freak and seeing this mess nearly made me gag. I scrambled over to the mess and began to pick all of the stuff up. I threw the bras in my room and the magazines on the coffee table. I threw away the coffee cup and the wine bottle that some how ended up under the stupid couch I tripped over earlier.

The loud knocking on my door made me drop everything else in my hands. I looked at the clock and it was 9 on the dot.

Damn it!