Chapter 6: Won't Be Home For The Holidays

Nina:

"YOU'RE WHAT!?"

I winced and pulled the phone away from my hear.

Canda had called me a few minutes ago, asking me what time my flight would be touching down in Atlanta. She rambled about all the things we would do once I got back home and it broke my heart to hear how hurt she sounded when I dropped the bomb, and told her I wasn't coming home for Christmas.

"Nina are you serious? I miss you so much! We all do! We've been talking about this for a month now and all of a sudden you aren't coming! "

"Canda I'm sorry but I have to work! I'm behind on these magazine covers and I can't afford to get distracted right now. Okay? Besides I didn't get my plane tickets in time and if I even tried to get them now, it would cost too much." That last part was a complete lie. I could easily pay for a last minute ticket without putting a dent in my bank account but I really was behind on my work.

I went into the kitchen, taking a bottle of vodka out of the cabinet and a pink lemonade from the fridge. I woke up late today and was never able to stop and get my precious coffee this morning. I hadn't had a cup all day and I was tired and bitchy the whole time. I took my drink and sat in my living room.

Everyone was going out of town Christmas, while I was stuck in California working. It sucked.

"Nina are you not even going to try to come for New Years? I mean I know your folks are out of town but me and Nate are still here." Canda was clearly disappointed in me and I hated doing this to her. I was swamped enough as it is. Going home was completely out of the question.

"Probably not. I have a column I have to write about 'Young Billionaires' and my boss wants a hard copy and an emailed version by January the 8th. I haven't even interviewed the man yet, let alone started the column. I still haven't chose a cover for the Christmas magazine and on top of that I have to get started on the New Year's issue. I'm swamped Canda bear!"
I used her nickname hoping she would ease up on me.

"Yeah whatever Nina. I should have known you would have pulled something like this. You're always busy and never have time for us. We're your family! What, you think that you're such a hot shot that you can just put us on the back burner and we'll be okay with it? Well news flash honey, we're not okay with it!" Canda yelled at me.

I felt like complete shit. I knew she was right, but it's not like I was doing it on purpose. Every time one of them called me I was working. Even when I was home I worked. I'd always say that I'd call them back but I'd get so caught up that I would forget.

I could tell that this job was taking a toll not only on me, but my family as well. I couldn't give it up though. I've worked so hard to get where I am now and no one was going to make me feel guilty about it.

"How dare you say that to me Canda!? You know that's not what I think and quite frankly I'm tired of your shit! Instead of trying to understand how I feel, you're just criticizing me! Forgive me if I don't call you every second of the day." I clenched out through my teeth. I was stressed enough, adding on her bitching and the alcohol there was no stopping what came out my mouth.

"How dare I?! You know what Nina, give me a call when you get your head out of your ass. Goodnight!"

I stared at my phone in shock. She really hung up on me. Ignoring the situation that just happened I plugged my phone up in to my iHome and blindly picked a song. Future's song Stick Talk flooded through out my apartment and I turned it all the way up. Walking back into the kitchen I grabbed the whole bottle of Ciroc, popping the top I took it straight to the head.

In the middle of my living room I began to furiously rap along like I was at an actual future concert. I used the bottle of liquor as my microphone.

Took a shot of Henny, I've been going brazy, brazy! They say my whole hood got it under investigation!

You know they talk that stick talk, that stick talk. You know they talk that lick talk that lick talk.

10 million dollars cash fuck a friend! Started sippin' syrup I've been geeked ever since! Gotta keep that heat on the scene ever since!

You know they talk that stick talk that stick talk. You know they talk that lick talk that lick talk.

I'm bout to fuck this cash up on a new toy! Bout to fuck this cash up on a n----

My concert was interrupted by the sound of loud banging on my front door. Pissed that someone messed up my rap I stomped to the door and yanked it open.

"WHAT!?"

Marco:

I woke up out my sleep from the obnoxious voice of a rapper talking about sticks and a high pitched voice yelling along with it. It was 2.30 in the goddamn morning and I had a meeting at 6. Ripping the covers off my body I walked out my room, yanked the door open and walked towards where the noise was coming from.

I wasn't surprised that it was coming from Nina's apartment. She was probably in there with her dick of boy toy, Andrew. Fuming at the thought of her being with another man I banged on the door.

"WHAT!?" I was met with a very drunk Nina glaring at me. She looked so good in her Superman boxers and a tight tank top. She didn't have on a bra so her nipples were saluting me. Her curly brown hair covered her face as she looked at me in aggravation. Ignoring her I barged inside and unplugged her phone from her loud ass speakers.

"DO YOU HAVE ANY IDEA WHAT TIME IT IS? SOME PEOPLE ARE TRYING TO FUCKING SLEEP!" I couldn't help the fact that I was extremely turned on from the way she look so I tried cover it up by being mad.

"WHO THE FUCK DO YOU THINK YOU ARE BARGING INTO MY HOUSE, ASKING ME QUESTIONS!? She hollered right back at me.

Damn she was sexy when she was mad.

I grabbed her by the arms and slammed her to my chest. Her hazel eyes shone at me with a raging fury.

"I'm Marco De Luca. That's who the fuck I am, bambina.

Nina:

Holy shit!

****************************************
Happy New Year! Hope you all are enjoying your time with your families.
This is just a filler but they finally met! Thank you so much for reading, I'll be updating as soon as I can because school aka hell starts for me on Monday. I also added a cast in chapter one if you wanna see them. Be mindful that not all of the characters are really famous, so if you don't know who they are we have google lol. But anyways, thank you and I wish you the best in 2016!

-Carina

P.S. Shoutout to my cousin and my editor Authentic98 . Thank you hun! 💕