Epilogue

One year later

"We're all in this together!"
The sound of high school musical filled Michael's ears, waking him up - partially.

"Geez, leave me alone. I'm getting up." Michael slapped the screen of his phone with his palm, turning off his alarm for work.

It was 2:30 and his shift started at 3.
He was accustomed to waking up well into the afternoon, since all his classes at UCLA started pretty much anytime after noon.

Quickly, he slipped on his scratchy Menchie's uniform and ran a comb through his hair quickly. It was freshly dyed lilac - thanks to Jade who helped him coat his soft tufts of hair with the dye.

Michael ran out of his apartment quickly, closing the door and locking it behind him. He wasn't going to be late, but he preferred to get to Menchie's early whenever Julie was working. She got on his case a lot about obligations and whatnot.

Grudgingly getting into his car, he sat down and shut the steaming-hot car door. The drive to work was a good fifteen minutes, but Michael often ignored the speed limit, so it was more like a nine minute commute.

Once he arrived and parked in his designated spot closest to the store, he got out of his car, sighed, and straightened his itchy and unflattering uniform.

It was a hot day in July. A really hot day. Michael was dripping buckets of sweat. Although Menchie's had the privilege of glorious air conditioning, it was no match for the Los Angeles heat. His job today was to restock all the flavours of yogurt in the back of his local Menchie's. Birthday cake batter, green tea matcha, oreo, the variety went on and on.

Wiping the sweat from his brow, he stood up straight, cracking his back in the process. He exhaled loudly, his warm breath making him feel even more overheated in his mandatory employee attire.

Still jumping a little when he heard the American Horror Story theme song coming from his iPhone, Michael quickly answered it.

"Hey Mikey, wanna come over later? Ashton's ordering pizza." Calum inquired casually, the sound of a girl giggling was heard in the background.

Michael smirked, he knew Calum was dating this girl named Angie. They'd met in one of Calum's classes.

"Sure, I'll come over. My shift ends at 7."

"See ya then!" Calum replied happily, hanging up quickly to get back to Angie.

Michael smiled to himself, it was really obvious that Calum was truly happy. He and Michael had gotten really close over the past year since they both were students at UCLA. He had met Angie on multiple occasions, and she was really pleasant to be around. She joked around a lot but was still really caring and took everything to heart; a perfect match for Calum.

School had just ended a week prior, so Michael hadn't seen Luke for about 6 months. Although UCLA wasn't far from his blonde boyfriend's home, Luke had applied to McGill, a university in Québec, Canada. It's a pretty hard school to get into, so it was a miracle that Luke managed to get accepted. Not because his grades were low and he wasn't qualified, but because of how late he applied. Thankfully, he got in, and he was happy. Since buying tickets to fly back to L.A is pretty pricy, Michael hadn't seen his boyfriend in months.

Menchie's wasn't as busy as Michael was anticipating, and he was able to get off at 6:30, since Julie was closing up shop.

Michael went into the back room and changed into his casual clothes; ripped black skinny jeans, a black t-shirt with a small, embroidered pride flag on the pocket and pastel pink high top Vans. (He felt the need to balance out the emo jeans with some gay.)