17

So many clothes.

That was all Michael could think as he and Jade walked around the mall.
It was a nice place, bright and modern, although he still didn't feel the most comfortable.

He rarely went shopping, so he was easily overwhelmed.
There weren't even many people, but he felt slightly claustrophobic.

The pair was strolling through Forever 21, Jade slightly ahead of Michael. She was slowly guiding him towards the men section.

"What exactly do you need clothes for again?" She raised a perfectly plucked eyebrow while staring down the lilac haired boy.

He shrugged, trying not to be too obvious. He was afraid he would give away too much, share too much. Jade wasn't one to take things lightly, which basically meant she freaked over any slightly romantic thing Michael ever did.

"Oh come on, Mikey. You can tell me, you know that, right?" She offered, all while slowly picking stuff off of the racks.

Michael felt himself blush and he looked down, mumbling.

"Fine, there's this boy named Luke that I know, and we've been talking and hanging. I'm planning on asking him out."

Jade swooned teasingly, clapping her hands together excitedly. Instantly, she started looking at clothes once again, her attention temporarily diverted from Michael's embarrassment.

He soon spotted the pile that Jade was slowly starting. Olive, burgundy and navy blue clothes. A couple of short sleeve button ups.

"Hey Jade," She turned to face the tall boy. "Please nothing dressy. I wasn't meaning to get any clothes like that, just normal ones."

The brunette rolled her eyes, but returned some stuff from everything she was compiling.

"Or else Luke might think I'm trying too hard." He added, and soon regretted it as he saw the smirk on her face.

+

"I don't know about this one." Michael said in a wary tone from inside the dressing room.

"Just come out already." Jade retorted, Michael could almost hear her eyes rolling.

He opened the grey dressing room door, reluctantly coming out so that Jade could see the outfit fully.

He was wearing a slouchy grey long sleeve shirt, ripped black skinny jeans, and an olive green bomber jacket.

"Aw, you look so cute! That Luke of yours would love it!" She held her hands together, beaming at the boy.

"Are you sure? It doesn't look ugly or anything?" He asked, slightly unsure despite her encouragements.

She nodded eagerly.

Michael returned to the dressing room, slipping on his own black jeans and band tee once again.

Once he had finally paid for the outfit, he asked Jade about shoes.

"Well what do you have in mind?" She inquired as they walked past the stores.

"Maybe some Doc Martens? And a black baseball cap too?" He asked hopefully, wishing she would approve.