11

luke_is_a_penguin: and why is that?

michaelgcliffor : because you're mine

Michael's heart was beating fast after he sent those words to Luke. He had never said anything like that to anyone before.
Due to the overwhelming flutter of butterflies in his stomach, he shut his laptop to get a drink.

Michael's parents had passed away in a car accident when he was 6 years old. Most people attempted to empathize when talking to him, but he was so young he didn't remember much of them anyway.
His single aunt had been the one to raise him. She was a flight attendant, meaning she wasn't home a lot but she earned a good amount of money. Although she could afford a house, Michael requested a studio apartment since he would feel lonely in a huge house by himself.
She dropped by every three weeks to leave some money, so Michael was mostly independent.
He was also super lazy, which in turn meant that he didn't have any drinks besides water and some sparkling juice.
Settling for water, he returned to the couch, eager to see if Luke had replied.

luke_is_a_penguin: I'm all yours baby

Michael's heart was beating so incredibly fast. He was falling for this boy.
But determined to keep up his flirty façade, he didn't end up confessing more. He might've said something too serious, too early. Maybe something that contained 3 specific words.

michaelgcliffor: ;)

-—-----------------------------

The next morning, Michael threw on a baby blue hoodie and some black converse.
Today he was determined to ask Luke to hang out. He'd never attempted to, and figured today was the day.

In Mr. Black's history class, Michael found himself making his way to an empty pair of desks. He wanted to see whether or not Luke would sit next to him.
The honey haired boy finally walked into class and plopped down right next to Calum.
Michael pouted, wondering how else he could be with Luke in real life.

At lunch, he sat at a table for three, making sure Calum could be included.

Pulling an iPhone out of his black skinny jeans, he turned on Pokemon go, just to see if any rare ones were around.
A Vulpix showed up on his nearby list. He gasped.

"Pff, there are only Ratatas and Pidgeys around." A raspy voice said behind him.
Whipping his head around, he soon discovered it was Calum, accompanied by Luke.

"Can we sit?" Luke asked, his eyebrows raised in question.

Michael nodded eagerly.

"So, you play Pokemon Go then?" Luke inquired teasingly with a smirk.

The lilac haired boy blushed and nodded.

"Don't worry man, I'm obsessed with it too. Luke here thinks it's just for little kids though." Calum crossed his arms and stuck out his tongue playfully at the blonde.

Michael couldn't help but gasp.

"Okay, that's it. We're going Pokemon hunting after school today." He stated with a fake confident tone, really hoping Luke wouldn't turn him down.

Luke rolled his eyes but agreed.

Michael beamed at him, being genuinely happy to be spending time with his cr- he meant friend.

A/N: gonna be in a car on a road trip so hopefully I can get some good writing in! Be sure to check out my newest fan fiction; dead end. It's a horror/mystery one featuring Ashton so check it!!
-Moonlightdrives