19

He was staring at a baby pink crushed velvet skirt paired with platform sneakers.

"Is this gonna be good enough?" Jade asked, twirling around in front of her best friend

"Is this gonna be good enough?" Jade asked, twirling around in front of her best friend. Her hair was pulled back into a messy ponytail, some hairs loosely framing her face.

"It should be alright. The 1975 isn't going to see your outfit anyways." Michael chuckled quietly at his own joke.

They were going to a concert for their favourite band. He remembered the day Jade introduced them to him.

Michael was sitting on Jade's bed, dressed in black skinny jeans, a band tee and a light wash denim jacket. His lilac hair was fading, making his hair a weird greyish colour. He'd been meaning to re-dye it, but he was too lazy to actually do so.

Ugh! by the 1975 was blasting from Jade's Bluetooth speaker. It was loud enough that the wooden shelf it was situated on top of vibrated with every word. She jumped around while getting her makeup from various places around her room. She definitely was not an organized person.
Lipsticks, palettes and foundations were dispersed throughout her medium sized room, adorning the dresser, desk and carpet.

Humming while applying many coats of mascara, Jade couldn't help herself and she started singing along.

"This conversation's not about reciprocation no more!"

Giggling, Michael joined in.

"But I'm gon' wait until you finish so I can talk some more!"

+

"Thanks for coming out tonight guys! We hope to see you soon!" Matty took a final bow and walked backstage.

"Ahh that was amazing! We have to see them again sometime!" Jade was jumping up and down, her hands clasped together excitedly.

Michael beamed. Seeing his favourite band with his best friend was a great combination.
Taking Jade's small hand, he led her outside of the stage area and into the merchandise line-up.
After standing in line for a solid fifteen minutes, they were finally getting their turn.

"What can I get you?" A blonde woman asked bitterly, getting to to point. She'd obviously had a long day, her eyes rolling at Jade's enthusiasm.

"We'll take a small of the tour t-shirt and a large of the rose t-shirt."

Michael handed the lady 60$ and they were on their way

"I'm so happy." Jade smiled as she got into the car. "I'm glad we're hanging out again. I'm not sure why we ever stopped." Her seatbelt clicked into the buckle. She glanced at Michael who gave her a small smile.

It was her fault they had stopped talking for a while. He said nothing, just started the car and kept his eyes on the road.

"Because of Kalani." Michael said quietly, not caring whether or not Jade had heard him.

She turned to look at him.
"What do you mean?"

He adjusted his grip on the wheel nervously.

"We stopped hanging out because of her. You never called me. Ever."

Jade scoffed, her arms crossing over her chest.

"I can't believe you, Mikey. What did you expect me to do? Call you every five minutes?"

"You should've called at least once! We went two months without talking. Two months!" Michael exclaimed in dismay.

"I went on vacation." Jade put simply, now focusing on her nails.

"For 2 weeks! But I lost you, for two months." He exhaled to calm himself down.

"I tried not being upset with you, but clearly this was a way bigger deal than I thought." Michael huffed, not daring to glance at Jade, since he felt tears welling up in his eyes.

She groaned, letting her head lean against the seat. Her eyes were shut tightly, as if she was in pain.

"I don't want to talk about this, Michael."

He instantly knew things were not going to be normal for a while.

She never called him Michael.

WOAH SOME DRAMA!!

sorry for taking so long to update i've been busy

i'm trying to get back on my writing game though so fear not my dudes

**this story will be ending soon! i know exactly how I want it to end just some minor details need to happen so**

thank you for all the love I've been getting for this story! I promise the next chapter will be longer :)

follow my twitter guys :) I'd love to interact with you on there
@iconicallyirwin 💜🏳️‍🌈