6

luke logged onto his skype the next morning. there was one new message from michael. he squealed in delight and clicked on the notification. as much as he hated to admit it, michael was really starting to get to him. his flirting was taking effect, and he was really growing on luke.

Michaelgcliffor: hey babe, come overrrr

luke gasped and tried to keep calm. he would love to go over to michael's, but he knew he had probably been drunk when he sent the message.

luke_is_a_penguin: don't tease me michael, I know you're kidding

Michaelgcliffor: although my friend ashton sent that, the offer is still valid ;)

luke_is_a_penguin: damn baby, I just might go over there

Michaelgcliffor: what's stopping you?

luke blushed, and then stopped before he typed. what was stopping him? If michael wanted to be flirty, so could he.

luke_is_a_penguin: the only thing that's stopping me is the fact that I don't know where you live, baby

Michaelgcliffor: maybe another time you'll find out

luke then decided to log off. he was in his senior year of high school and he needed to leave before he was late. luke quickly grabbed his bag and headed out the door. he had promised his best friend calum that they would walk together. calum was waiting for the blonde outside his door.
"sorry, i was on skype." luke mumbled an apology as he struggled to lock the door.
"with michael again?" calum asked, eyebrows raised.
"yes, calum, with michael."
the two boys walked the 10 minutes it took to get to the school.
calum knew all about michael, especially since luke would not stop talking about him.
"oh by the way, have you applied yet?" calum asked luke as they approached the school.
luke had applied to UCLA, and was hoping to get in.
"yeah i applied. you?"
calum also planned on going to UCLA.
"not yet, i was thinking after school we could go over to my house, and you could help me." calum stated as they entered the crowded school.
"sure." luke waved goodbye to his best friend, and headed to class.

++++++

"my parents aren't home, so we can be as loud as we want."
the two boys were walking back to calum's house, when luke stopped.
"could we maybe go to menchie's? i'm craving some yogurt." luke asked hopefully, looking at calum.
calum agreed, and soon they were at the yogurt shop. luke noticed a lilac haired boy standing behind the cash register. there was something about him that was cute, and it was throwing luke off. unfortunately, calum noticed.
"what flavour do you want, luke?" calum asked teasingly, as luke's focus was still on the boy working at the cashier.
"n-nutella." he stuttered, turning red when he saw the boy notice him staring.
weirdly enough, the boy too, was a slight pink colour. luke shook it off, and filled his cup up with the yogurt.
"that'll be 4.57." the boy said, smiling at luke when he had gone to pay.
luke noticed he had no name tag, and he silently wished that somehow he would know his name.
"um, sorry if this is too prying, but do you go to my school? you seem awfully familiar." luke blurted, desperate to know how he could get to know this boy.
"i think so. your name is luke, right?" the boy asked, his green eyes flickered with something luke couldn't quite name.
"yeah, how did you know?" luke asked, curious.
"oh, i'm uh, in your history class." he admitted, embarrassed.
"sorry i didn't recognise you what was your nam-" before luke could ask the boy his name, a loud strange sound came from the boy's phone.
"is that the american horror story theme song?" luke asked excitedly.
"yup, and I better answer." the boy said with a wink.
"ashton? you're at my house? OK, OK, i'll be there as soon as i can. bye." luke overheard what he said over the phone.
"sorry, i better get going. see ya around?" the boy headed into the back in a rush, before luke even answered.
"see ya around, then." luke said quietly.
he exited the shop with calum, instantly jealous of whoever ashton was.

++++++

"calum this is fantastic!" luke exclaimed as he looked over calum's application. the two sat on calum's bean bags, located in his room.
"think so?" calum asked, unsure.
"yeah, for sure! submit it!" luke encouraged him.
calum finally hit 'submit', and was one step closer to getting into UCLA.

after that was done, luke headed home. his mother had texted him, saying she wanted him home for dinner, and he reluctantly left calum's.
"hey mom." he greeted as he walked into his own home.
"sweetie, go answer your skype! it keeps beeping with notifications, its driving me crazy." his mother responded as she cooked some baby potatos.
luke grabbed his computer and flopped onto his bed with it on his lap. there was 26 new messages from Michael. he logged in and saw this.

Michaelgcliffor: luke where are you
Michaelgcliffor: I'd really like to talk to you
Michaelgcliffor: its important
Michaelgcliffor: luke
Michaelgcliffor: I'll be waiting for uuuuu
they went on and on, and luke felt bad for not responding.

luke_is_a_penguin: hey mikey, sorry I didnt respond, I was at a friend's house

Michaelgcliffor: I have some big news

luke_is_a_penguin: what is it?

Michaelgcliffor: I GOT INTO....

michaelgcliffor: UCLA!!!