Back To The Place It All Started

After that traumatic ordeal with Stephan, We managed to get all our stuff together and finally managed to hit the road. It felt strange that I  was heading home. It had been a whole year since I had been there. A whole year without my family, my friends, my home. I had missed it so much but I also tried to forget about that place for a long time. I had never dreamed that I would have ever set foot back at The Hunter's Moon Pack, but he were are. Crazy how life works sometimes, right. The Red Dawn Pack had been so good to me, I felt bad that I never got to say goodbye. I know it sounds silly but I felt sad that I wasn't going to see Stephen again, he made me feel so welcome, so special and he adored my kids even though they weren't his, it didn't bother him. He was such a nice guy, well at least I thought he was. Even though I was leaving and I never was going to see him again, I couldn't help but think about what he said, 'I'll be seeing you and your little family real soon' and 'It won't be a happy ending for either of you' . Just thinking about that gave me chills, the way he said it was cold. It wasn't like Stephen at all, it was like when Xavier showed up his whole deemer changed. The mask had fell off. Maybe that was how he was the whole time, he was just very good at hiding it. Xavier coming back into our lives may have been a blessing in disguise, maybe he had just saves mine and the babies life. Who knows what Stephen is capable of. 

I looked out the passenger window. The car ride was silent, the only sound was the rain hitting the roof of the car. It was very relaxing. Xavier placed is hand on my thigh, as if he sensed what I was feeling. That small gesture was his way of comforting me, I looked over at him and he smiled at me. I smiled back and placed my hand on top of his. I was grateful for his support. I could tell in the year I had been gone, he was a different person. He was more mature and thoughtful. It was a nice and pleasant surprise. Even though the feeling felt nice, I knew it wasn't the right time to start things up again between us. I still didn't trust him yet, even though I had surpressed my feelings for the most part. It still hurt. The rejection hurt but how he treated me hurt worse. I know I am a stronger person now from who I was back then. Especially since I had my children I had no choice but to be strong, they needed me and I wasn't going to let him down. 

I knew eventually if everything worked out right with us, we could try again. I just don't know when that will be. For now I was happy as we were, it wasn't complicated and there was no pressure. We could just be us. 

We drive was long and along the way we made a few stops but before I knew it we were home. We pulled up to an unfamiliar house that I didn't recognise. I looked back at him confused.

"By the look on your face, you wanna know what the hell are we doing at a random house instead of going to the pack house."

"Well, yeah." I replied

"This is the house I had built for us the 3 months you were away. I knew wants I got you back I would want to have a place we could call our own. It has enough room for all of us, and potentially more if we managed to give things another try." He teased. 

"Easy, tiger. Let's just slow down with all that talk for now." I joked. 

"I thought you might say something like that." He smiled. 

"The house looks really nice though, but you didn't have to go through this much trouble."

"It was any trouble. I did this for us and our family. You and kids deserve nothing but the best and for as long as I can provide it, that's what you and the kids will get." He said as he got closer to me I could he was leaning in for a kiss, but I knew I wasn't ready.

"So erm anyway. We should get the kids inside, it's getting a little cold outside." I muttered. 

"Erm yeah okay then." He said, he looked hurt almost. I felt so bad but I didn't need this right now and I don't think he did either.

Xavier and I both got the kids out of the car who by the way were still asleep, which surprised me as usually they are kicking up a fuss. I didn't mind though, they looked so peaceful. I took out Mason's car seat as Xavier picked up Skylar.  I opened the door to our new home and it looked amazing,  very modern and stylish. I placed Mason in the living room as I checked out upstairs. I looked at each room and they were just amazing, each room was big with their own ensuite. I reached the final door at the end of the corridor and I realised this must be the kids bedroom. I opened the door and it was beautiful. Each side of the room was decorated differently. One side was pink and white, with pink and white toys, blankets, even the the crib. The other half was blue, with the same match accessories. It was beautiful. I looked through the draws and they were filled up with clothes. They each had their own nappy changing station. It had everything a baby could need and more. They really were two lucky babies. 

Xavier had entered the room with both car seats in hand. 

"I see you found their room then." 

"I did, it is amazing. How did you manage all of this? You've only known about the babies for a few days." I asked. 

"I had some help from some of the pack members. The minure I found out about them I called Jackson and got him to sort everything for them. Even if things hadn't gone the way they did with Stephen and you were still living there. I wanted the children to have a room at my home for when they would visit. I just wanted things to be perfect." He smiled. 

"That is so thoughtful. It is perfect. Thank you for doing this for them. They are going to love it." 

He just smiled. 

We took the kids out of their car seats and gently placed them in their cribs as they were still asleep. We left the room quietly make sure not to wake them up.

We made our way back downstairs and sat down on the sofa. 

"If feels good to be out the car. The drive was too long." I said. 

"Yeah, it does. I am just glad you guys are home for good and staying here for good."

I smiled. He was so sweet when he wanted to be. 

"Ariana, I just wanted to say I am sorry about what happened earlier. I didn't mean for it to happen. I just got caught up in the moment. I didn't mean to make you feel uncomfortable and I apologise for that." 

"Xavier, it's fine. I mean it's only natural, we're mates it was bound to happen at some point. It doesn't help that I kissed you before we left. I am giving you mix signals and that is not fair. My emotions are all over the place at the moment. That does not mean that I don't want you to think that we won't ever give this a chance again because you never know we could. It just too many things have happened and I need to protect my heart. I can't go through what I went through all those months ago. I understand you have changed and you are trying but let's not rush anything. What will be will be."  

"I understand what you are saying, I really do. I will never hurt you like did. I was stupid, and I missed so much because of it. I won't let that happen again. I promise you." 

"I believe you." I smiled.

We stared deeply at each other, but we were broke out of our gaze  because the kids woke up. I went upstairs to check on them but as i was going up I smiled as I knew things might actually work out for the best for all of us.