The Aftermath

I laid in my hospital bed. The hospital staff were running around raggedy with trying to help all the pack members. Most of the pack was very badly injured, some only had a few scratches that would heal with healing. Most of the injuries sustained needed to be treated first before the healing phased could take place.

Xavier had to go have emergency surgery. He was suffering with internal bleeding and broken bones. I was so worried, my injuries were severe but not as bad as his. Stephen really did some damage.  I suffered with a few broken ribs and arm but they would heal within a day or so. Anytime the doctor or nurse came to check on my wounds, I would ask them about Xavier but they didn't know anything. I was anxious. What if he doesn't make it? I couldn't live without him.

I just lay there. I couldn't sleep or relax, my mind was running at a 100 miles per hour. It was so bad I was giving myself a headache.

The doctor entered and sat at my bedside.

"Good Evening, Luna." He said.

"Good Evening, any updates on Xavier?"

"Not as of yet Luna. I actually came to speak to you about something."

"What is it doctor?"

"We ran some test as you are aware as some of your injuries were severe. As we did these test we noticed something unusual." He said.

"What is that?" I said nervously.

"From our tests, we have discovered you are pregnant."

"Pregnant. No I can't be. There has to be some kind of mistake."

"It is true. You are around 4 weeks. I know this is a lot to take in with what has just occured and Xavier being in the condition he is in but please remain calm."

"Is the baby okay? I mean how would they be?" I questioned.

"It is bizarre with injuries you sustained but by some miracle the baby is perfectly fine. I have no concerns as of right now, as you get further into your pregnancy we will be able to see if any damage or any concerns with the baby as they develop. That is if you decide to go along with the pregnancy."

I touched my stomach.

The doctor congratulated me, then excused himself and left me in the room with the news. I was pregnant again, and again I might have to be doing it alone if Xavier doesn't survive. This can't be happening. Not right now. This should be a happy moment but I am filled with anguish. I couldn't do this by myself again. I wanted to experience this all with Xavier. He had to survive. He just had too.

Hours went by and still no news. I watched as time went by and I felt even more worried.

A nurse entered my room.

"How are you feeling Luna?" She asked.

"I am as good as I can be."

"I have some news about Alpha Xavier."

"Go on." I said as I sat up.

"Surgery went well. We have managed to stop to internal bleeding. He is still asleep from the anaesthetic but he should come around shortly."

I breathed a sigh of relief.

"Am I okay to go see him?" I asked.

"Of course Luna." She smiled.

I smiled back.

She helped me get up and led me to his room.

I walked in and I saw him, fast asleep in his bed. He looked so peaceful. The cuts on his face had disappeared. It was nice to know he was healing. I sat down at his bedside. I grabbed his hand and squeezed.