His Arrival

I've been up at the crack of dawn worrying about Xavier coming here today, I've been trying to think about what I am going to say to him and how was I going to explain to him why I kept the kids away from him for so long? He was definitely going to hate me. I deprived him of his children for a year. Who knows what he was going to do? Would he try and take them away from me? I can't imagine anything worse. I should have just been honest from the begin. 

"You need to stop stressing about him coming you know" Stephen said. 

I turned around to see Stephan standing there.

"That is easy for you to say. You are not the one who ran away secretly pregnant with an Alpha's children, gave birth to those children and kept them away from him for a year. Now because of my stupid mistake I have to face him after all this time not knowing what he is going to do. He could literally do anything, he could hurt me, take the kids away as punishment. I don't know what is going to happen but I am scared Stephan." I cried. 

"Now you listen to me Ariana. There is no way in hell I am going to let him hurt you and , I  certainly will not be letting him take our children anywhere. You are my family now and I am not going to let him take that away from me. I have already lost so much in my life and there is no way I am letting him take you guys away from me." He growled. 

I hugged him, he was right I shouldn't worry or stress about this, as long as I had him and the kids nothing bad could happen.

A knock on the door interrupted us it was Stephan's beta, Blaine.

"Sorry Alpha for interrupting but Alpha Xavier has arrived."

"Thanks Blaine. We will be right down."

"You ready for this Ariana?."

"I guess so. I don't really have a choice." I sighed. 

He grabbed my hand and we headed downstairs. I took one glance back at my babies fast asleep in their cribs as I mentally prepared myself to see Xavier again. The further we got down the stairs, the more nervous I felt. We reached the ground floor and his scent hit me, he still smelt the same. We walked into Stephen's office and there he was. He still looked the same, just a little dishelveled. Stephen led us to his desk and we sat down. 

"It is great to see you Ariana. You have changed one bit, you are still as beautiful as I remember." He said. 

"That's enough of that." Stephen growled. 

Xavier stared at him hard. 

"What is it that brings you here, Alpha Xavier?" Stephen asked. 

"I came here to see my mate." He said bluntly. 

"The same mate you used and rejected." Stephen said back. 

"What concern of that is yours? That is for Ariana and I to discuss not you." Xavier growled. 

"Well you are in my territory, my house and Ariana is my Luna, so it is every concern of mine." He hissed. 

"You're his Luna?" 

"That's right." 

"Ariana, can we just talk about this? Alone?" He begged. 

"I don't think that is necessary." Stephen interupted. 

"Let her speak. I am sure she can speak for herself." 

All eyes were on me. 

"Stephan, I will be okay. Just go check on the kids." I responded. 

Stephan nodded his head and walked out the room. Now it was just me and him.

"How have you been?" He asked breaking the silence.