Motherhood/First Birthdays

It's been a couple of days, since I I've given birth and taken the babies home and I can already say I'm loving motherhood. It just feels so nature, it was like I was meant to be a mother. The only downside of it all is that I am constantly worried about every little thing. I am worried when I do their bottles that if I have done them too hot or too cold, I am too scared to leave them alone in their room on their own in case something happens. I am just a nervous wreck. The othet mothers in the pack have told me that it is normal as a first time mother to worry this much but it should soon pass. 

Stephan has been my rock through all of this. He has been taking the role of daddy really well, he gets up in the middle of the night to do their feeds, to change their nappies and he spends so much time with them when he can. He is doing an amazing job, I am so happy that I have a partner that is so supportive and hands on. There is one thing that we have discussed though and that is that when the kids are old enough they won't be calling him dad, it is just won't be that fair to them, I think it is important for them to know who their biological dad is. I know I was against the whole idea but I had a change of heart, it would have been selfish of me to deprive of them of their dad they have a right to decide when they are older. Stephen was obviously upset but he understands. Recently he has been talking about us having children of our own, which I am not against I would love to give him a child or two of his own but not right now. We have both agreed that when the babies are a little older we can start trying but as of right now I am not having no more children.

My day started off as normal. I got the kids bathed and dressed for the day. I brought them both downstairs while I grabbed some food. I placed them both in their bouncer in the dining room that was next to me so I could watch them. The pack chef placed my breakfast down in front of me and I thanked her. I began to start eating my breakfast and it was delicious, the bacon was cooked perfect and the eggs were to die for. Stephen entered the room but he didn't look so happy. 

"What's up babe? You looked stressed." I asked. 

"I have something to tell you, and I am not sure you are going to like it." He responded. 

"What is it? Tell me." 

"We had just received a call from The Hunter's Moon Pack. It was Alpha Xavier Lawson and he was calling to see if we had seen his mate around the area or if we letting her stay with us." 

"Well, what did you tell him?" 

"I told him we hadn't seen you and that if we did we would call but he I don't think he fully believed me." 

"He can't know I am here. I was so careful. I didn't tell anyone I was coming here, so it is virtually impossible for him to find us." 

"Ari, he is probably around all the packs to see if they had seen you. Now that he is called, he won't bother again and even if he does I won't let him take you from me. I will protect you and the twins if it is the last thing I do." 

"I know you will. I just hope he lets this go." 

Stephan gave me a kiss on the head and placed his hand on mine reassuringly. Xavier wouldn't come here. He doesn't know me or the babies are here. We are safe. I know at some point he will know where we are but as of right now I just want to live here peacefully.  I looked down at my children who had slowly fallen to sleep. I just want them to have a happy life, a peaceful life. No drama, no arguments, just a happy life, full of beautiful and happy memories. 

A Year later.... 

Can you believe my babies were going to be one today? A whole year. It only feels like yesterday they were just born and they were so small and tiny, now they were so big and even walking. Having Alpha blood they developed faster than most children, Mason began walking around 10 months and Skylar was walking just a little after that. They both had different personalities too, Mason was boystrous, and outgoing. He was confident and brave, he is loves exploring and trying new things. Skylar was more timid. She preferred to be with me, she would follow me were ever I would go. Even though she was shy, she would still join in and play with her brother. If she saw Mason do something, she would follow right after him. I just loved them so much. I can't believe it had been a year of loving them, how time has flown.