Chapter 9

"You're leaving?" Naruto pouted up at his favourite cousin. He clutched the end of Kushina's dress as he looked up at the fifteen year old red head. His cousin chuckled, bent down and patted his head. Next to him was the male's mother. Kushina hugged the woman, looking ready to cry.

"I'm going to miss you, Fuso." Kushina said.

"I couldn't really do much. I feel like I am needed there." Fuso smiled softly.

"Oi, Ise, take care of my neechan!" Kushina snapped.

"I will," Ise, the black haired man on the sidelines bowed his head slightly.

"I'll come and visit." Naruto's cousin told Naruto with a wide grin. "And when I come I'll bring rare sweets and ramen!" Naruto beamed.

"You will? You will?" Naruto asked, jumping up and down excitedly.

"Yes, I will, lots and lots of them!"

"Yay! You're the best niichan!" Naruto hugged the older boy around the legs.

"We're ready to go as well." Another red headed woman with short hair came out with bags. She was followed by a redheaded girl who was just a little taller than Naruto.

"And you have to leave too, huh, Mariko?" Kushina asked with a frown. "How on earth did you fall in love with someone in a different village?"

"Well, I couldn't help it. It is one of Konoha's allied villages. Being sent there so many times to help Medical ninjas, and he is just like Kazeha." Mariko said awkwardly.

"I'll miss you." Naruto told the little girl.

"Well, I won't miss you, baaaaka." The little girl stuck out her tongue.

"Neechan!" Naruto cried with tears in his eyes.

"Now, now, don't bully Naruto." The fifteen year old said.

"Well, if he's crying, I'll have to miss him." the little girl pouted and hugged him. She kissed his forehead. "Bye Naruto! Don't forget to practice your jutsus!" she took her mother's hand and they started heading out.

"Be a good boy Naruto! When I come back, if you've been good I'll teach you some very nice jutsus!" the fifteen year old called, waving as he walked out with his mother and father.

"Mommy, they'll come back, right?" Naruto asked, looking up.

"Of course, they promised you, didn't they?" Kushina, picked him up and littered kisses all over his face.

"That's right! They promised me! When they come back, I'll show them just how awesome I've become! I promise!" Naruto grinned.

"Naruto..." Naruto heard his father's voice. Naruto turned and he was standing in a sea of blood and matching red hair. Naruto fell to his knees, crying and sobbing.

"I'm sorry, I'm sorry...I couldn't keep my promise! I'm sorry! I'm sorry, niichan, neechan!"

-o-

Naruto started awake, covered in cold sweat. He turned on his side and saw that Sasuke and Sai were asleep. Itachi was sitting on the branch of a tree, keeping watch. It was still dark, but the sky had slightly lit up, a calm blueish gray. Naruto sat up, wiping the sweat off his forehead. Kurama said good morning and Naruto greeted him in return, showing him the dream he had. He checked his weapons and belongings and then went to go sit with Itachi on the tree branch.