Chapter 1

The eleven year old, blond jinchuuriki cursed as he ran through the rain. Some annoying brat had given away his location to the godaime and now she was after him. He'd have to run to his second hide out before she could catch him. People glared at him and coldly threw things as he ran past them. He had managed to avoid the sandaime extremely well, but the godaime was scary and fantastic at tracking him. Probably was the Senju blood in her veins that felt the Kyuubi in him. His clan had been a grand clan that moved to Konohagakure from Uzushiogakure when they had been attacked multiple times. Konohagakure had promised to protect and cherish every member of the Uzumaki clan, especially because the Shodai's wife had been an Uzumaki, but when the famous sealing clan had fallen into ruins after the Kyuubi's attack and the Bijuu had been sealed into the only remaining member, a child, the promise was abandoned and the young jinchuuriki had to protect himself from the world. He hated the village and foiled every attempt of the sandaime and godaime to put him an orphanage. By all rights, he should have been handed over to his mother's best friend who he had never met, but the elders instead tried to lock him up and keep an eye on him. By Uzumaki custom their children were not allowed to meet people from outside the clan until they could use a kunai, throw shurikens and use the basic of sealing jutsu's. The blond had been learning his first sealing jutsu when the Kyuubi had attacked Konohagakure. The Uzumaki legend was crushed, some thanks to the clan that saved the village. If his clan was still alive, he probably would have been in the academy, acing his classes, eating with his clan, introduced to the person he would marry in the future and he'd have plenty of friends. He suddenly slipped and fell face forward. Instantly the godaime was pinning him to the ground.

"Caught you, Naruto! Shizune, take him."

"Yes, Tsunade sama." Naruto was pulled up into Shizune's arms and carried off even as he struggled furiously. People were staring at him. None of the looks were friendly. He could almost hear what they were thinking. They were thinking that he was getting punished for something, that he was being disposed of and they were thinking 'good riddance'. Naruto stuck his chin out and glared straight back at them. Naruto was surprised when he was dragged into the godaime's private quarters. Shizune pulled him out of his clothes. Naruto struggled, growled, shouted, scratched and threw punches but they were all ineffective. He was shoved into a bath, scrubbed clean until he was pink, his hair was washed and tamed, he was dressed in a deep blue yukata and a cherry blossom was tucked behind his ear. Naruto snarled at Shizune and Tsunade.

"Now, Naruto, if you cooperate with me for today, I'll treat you to a meal of however much ramen you want every day, you hear me?" Tsunade asked him, arms crossed over her chest, looking at him sternly. Naruto blinked and his mouth instantly watered. No, there was no way he could give in to whatever they were thinking. He opened his mouth to refuse and then his stomach growled loudly. Damn it, he hadn't eaten since a random packet of chips he had stolen the day before. Naruto very slowly nodded, fire still in his eyes. "Good, you will do as Shizune orders you to do, you will walk next to her, keep your head down, eyes lowered and you must not speak." Tsunade said. "Are we clear?" Naruto nodded, his stomach was practically burning for food. "Let's go, Shizune."

Tsunade marched out of the house. Shizune smiled at him and held out her hand to him. Glaring at her, he took it and she led him out of the house where Tsunade was waiting. Tsunade sternly reminded him to lower his eyes. Naruto did as he was told and he walked with Shizune, seeing the feet of people as they parted to make way for the Hokage. It had stopped raining. He could feel eyes on him. After walking for what seemed like forever, they walked through a pair of gates and arrived in front of a huge house.

"Ah, welcome, Tsunade sama, please come in." A deep male voice said. The voice was so serious it made Naruto cringe. Shizune squeezed his hand comfortingly.