Chapter 5

"So I was told about the situation." Itachi said, sitting on the wall as Naruto practiced his taijutsu. "You're seeing things that belong in a memory sealed away?" Itachi leaped off the wall and then headed over to Naruto, adjusting Naruto's stance into a more comfortable and effective one. "So what have you been seeing?" Itachi asked.

"Unfortunately, that is information I am not allowed to disclose unless Kakashi sensei finds more information and permits." Naruto said blandly.

"Ah, I see. Adjust your arm to the right a little." Itachi said. "So now Sai knows where you're staying, are you alright with that?" Itachi asked.

"Well it's not like he can say anything about it." Naruto shrugged.

"Hey, hey. Wait a moment, stop." Itachi grabbed Naruto's arms, stopping him. "Hey, look at me. Are you OK?" Itachi asked. "What happened? Please tell me." Naruto looked at Itachi's genuinely concerned eyes and broke.

"I don't know what I'm doing anymore, niisan...It was so frightening. I couldn't stop trembling for hours after I left the Intelligence Department. I want my memories back, but I'm so scared that it's something that I don't want to see. I want them back but if getting them back means I go berserk in Konoha, I don't want them back. You should've seen their faces, niisan, they were terrified of me. I...I was going to use the fuuton-rasen-shuriken in my Kyuubi sage mode! What am I doing, niisan? I can't even control my own body anymore!" Naruto said, his lips trembling. Itachi chose that moment to grab his face with one hand, squeezing his cheeks together making his lips look like a duck's.

"Now you listen here, my lovable Naruto. You'll be fine. You would have never hurt anyone on purpose. And your friends are with you if anything happens, that's why we're around. If Sasuke were to suddenly, rampage, you would stop him, right?" Itachi asked.

Naruto nodded.

"Your friends would all do the same for you. They know you would never hurt anyone and they would never let you. So, stop being so scared and have a little faith in yourself and your friends. You'll get over this soon enough. I promise." Itachi grinned.

"Am I interrupting something?" Shisui's voice asked. Naruto and Itachi turned, not surprised. Shisui was one of the few who could completely hide his presence and the presence of the person with him from Itachi and Naruto. Sasuke and Sakura were standing next to Shisui too. Sakura looked ready to squeal with joy. Naruto could almost feel what was going on in her head. She was thinking Itachi and him had great chemistry. Sasuke looked pissed off as usual.

"No, other than Naruto's training and pep talk, you're not interrupting anything." Itachi said, grinning at Shisui.

"Oh, in that case," Sakura turned.

"No, no, you weren't interrupting anything, Sakura chan! Itachi is just joking around!" Naruto hurriedly stopped her. It would be better to halt her fantasies before they got out of hand. Sasuke still looked wonderfully pissed off and Naruto just kind of wanted him to vanish. In fact, the little Sasuke seemed to appear around the actual Sasuke, so maybe it would be better if Sasuke just left.

"Are you alright, Naruto? What did Inoichi san say?" Sakura asked.

"I'm fine." Naruto answered. "Everything was taken care of."

"What do you mean everything was taken care of? Care to elaborate, dobe?" Sasuke asked with a raised eyebrow. Naruto didn't dare look at him, for fear that the little Sasuke would make his appearance.

"Unfortunately that is confidential information. Those in witness may not reveal what happened without the Rokudaime's permission." Itachi said.

Sasuke, Sakura and Shisui stared with wide eyes.