ch.60 Hypocrites

"Danny, wait a minute!" Gemma begged once more. 

Danny shook his head excruciatingly slowly. It took all of his will power to just walk away. He wasn't even going to yell at her or at Vince. He loved Gemma so much that it was so easy for him to believe that she didn't return his love. My heart sunk even lower in my chest.

Vince crossed his arms over his chest and smirked, enjoying the heartbreaking look on Danny's face. 

"You son of a bitch," I spat.

I marched up to Vince and threw a venomous punch right at his stubby nose. He gasped in surprise and nearly fell back. 

The entire studio seemed to stop and stare at me. But I didn't mind.

"Don't you dare fuck with my big brother's heart!"

Vince nodded anxiously. Then he dashed away like a coward.

Gemma and Danny exchanged expressions. I wiped the drop of blood on my knuckles against the corner of my shirt tail.

"You two need to get your shit together," I warned them, pointing a finger at Gemma, then Danny.

Then I left.

***

I went back home and slammed the door behind me. I'd had it with Gemma and Vince and everyone. Why couldn't te right people just be happy together? Why did everyone have to complicate things to fulfill their own selfish desires?

"Angie, you ok?" Harry called. I wiped my eyes self-consciously. I didn't even realize the few tears that had skimmed down my cheeks. 

"You're home early," I mumbled. Harry smiled. He stood up and walked to me. I hugged him quickly, wrapping my arms around his hips holding so tightly, as though he might be the next person to be affected by someone else's bullshit.

"Angie, what's wrong?" Harry whispered softly. He reached for my face and tilted my chin up just enough to make me look into his eyes.

I shook my head. 

"I'll never forget our anniversary," I promised him.

Harry grinned, taking my ring hand in his. "Why would you forget? I'm the one that nearly married the wrong woman," he shook his head, laughing at his old naiviety.

I nodded. Harry rested his hand at my waist and looked down casually. His eyes widened.

"Angie, you're bleeding!"

"What?"

Harry lifted the side of my shirt up, checking for a wound. He didn't find one, so he just stared at me for an explanation.

"I punched Vince."

Harry glanced at the blood, then back at my eyes. He grinned.

"Nice."

"He deserved it. He's been--" I looked down. Maybe it was better not to tell Harry that his sister was manipulated and used for decades by her boss...Harry's got enough on his mind.

Harry looked down at me expectantly. "He was rude to Danny, so I gave him a taste of his medicine," I explaiend vaguely. Harry nodded. He didn't really care, so long as Gemma and Danny were alright. I hope they're alright...

I cleared my throat.

"Is J.D. home?" I asked. Harry shifted uneasily. 

"No."

"Harry, I know you're usually more focused on what boys are trying to pull on Darcy and soon Farah, but J.D. and Des are just as emotionally vulnerable. Girls can be pretty manipulative," I explained hurriedly. It was already awkward enough to accept that Harry and I are getting older, but our children, they can't-can't get into relationships yet, let alone reproduce yet. They're just kids.