ch.4 Own futures

The door bell rang again. I opened it to see Niall standing with Zayn and his girlfriend, or should I say fiancé, Yasmine.

Yasmine was one of Gemma's good modeling friends. She ended her contract early and went back to school. Now she's a pre-med student and Zayn couldn't be prouder.

Yasmine was quite tall and unusally beautiful, to the point where she looked ugly. She had the kind of face that made you stop and stare and you wondered whether to gasp in awe or scream in fear. Yasmine liked that she could never tell how people would perceive her, that way she could do and say as she pleased and let them make up their minds as they went along.

"Hey Zayn, Yaz" I grinned.

"Hi Angie" Zayn nodded.

"It's nice to see you again, Angela" Yaz smiled formally. 

She patted her sleek black hair to the side and held her hand out to me.

I shook it and Zayn patted my shoulder.

Niall held his arms out, ready to pull me in a bear hug.

I shook my head stubbornly.

"You can't just pop up randomly and expect me to hug you" I grumbled. Niall had been in and out of town for the past six years. He convinced Michael's daughter, Emily, to date him but she dumped him a week later. 

But Niall wasn't ready for a 'no.' He chased (literally) after Emily until she took him back. They've been on and off for longer than I'd like to count. And since her snobbish blue eyes were no where to be seen, I was sure she had dumped Niall again.

"Bring her back one night and I'll have a word with her" I told Niall confidently. Absoultely no one plays with Niall's precious heart. No one. No matter how beautiful and blonde they are.

Niall laughed nervously.

I tugged my arms around him and hugged him. He kissed my cheek.

"I'll bring her back if you promise to stop getting pregnant" he teased.

I pushed at his shoulder.

"She's our last one" I told him.

"She?" Niall raised a brow. He looked down at my stomach and patted it gently.

"Well you tell me. Nonna says it's a girl" I shrugged my shoulders.

Niall stood up straight and looked into my eyes.

"If you believe it's a girl, it's a girl" he whispered.

I watched the blues of Niall's eyes and they reminded me of crystal balls, the ones psychics used to supposedly tell people's futures.

"I believe it has my heart and Harry's blood" I told him.

I held my hand against my stomach and I felt the baby press it's foot delicately. If it was indeed a girl, I had a strong feeling she was very gentle and shy, sort of like me before I started seeing Harry.

Niall took my hand in his and patted it gently. Then he turned and greeted everyone else, saving Harry for last.

Nonna got up and headed to the bathroom, clutching a small bottle at her side. I squinted to see what it was but she swallowed the pill and hid the bottle in her room before I could take a step.

The rest of the gang huddled together for dinner. Des, Sephora, Tony and Danny all came back caked in dirt and sweat. 

"Ugh! Filthy, filthy, filthy!" Gemma shook her head in disappointment. "You each have two minutes to wash up or you won't get any dessert" she declared.