ch.33 She took Nonna

"ANGELA!"

Someone grabbed my arm.

"Mrs. Styles!?"

Another patted my face.

"Momma!?"

Tiny hands reached for mine.

Everyone was screaming so damn loud. I just laid there, waiting for the sounds and the grabbing and the pulling to stop. But that would be like asking Nonna to come back. She's not coming back. I have to go to her. 

My hand reached blindly for Nonna. I squinted in the distance and saw her face grinning and her scarf smug around her cheeks. She winked.

Someone scooped me up so abruptly, my Nonna vision disappeared, letting reality seep in.

"Angie, baby, wake up, wake up" a raspy voice begged.

"Mmm" I mumbled.

Harry patted my face with his shaking hands. I squinted carefully. Harry searched my face, but mostly stared at my eyes to show signs of life.

"Harry" I whispered. My voice seemed so distant, like I had to tug at a leash in order to make a peep come out.

"Angie" he sighed in relief.

He tightened his grip under my legs and around my waist and carried me to a chair. I felt everyone's eyes on mine, even people I hadn't met. There was Louis and a woman I assumed to be Summer. Even Emily had showed up and stood with her dad.

"Nonna" I whispered.

Then I closed my eyes and tried to make Nonna reappear in my mind.But it wasn't working because Harry kept squeezing my cheeks, trying to keep me awake.

"Stop it" I mumbled.

"Baby, stay awake, stay with me" he urged.

"No."

Harry blinked in confusion.

Danny set Marco down and knelt down next to me.

"Angela, are you ok?" he gasped.

I shook my head. 

Niall, Zayn and Tony all ran to me and crouched down. They stared in a mix of terror and shock. I've never been a brave or strong person; they shouldn't be so surprised I fainted.

"Angie" Niall whispered. He reached for my hand, but I shook my head.

"Christ" Tony gasped. He pressed his hand to my forehead and drew back. His hands shook, causing the blood on his fingers to drip. Blood?

"Come on, Angie, stay with us" Zayn urged, patting my hair softly. His fingers also stained with blood.

I waved a hand, too weak to tell them to move. I just wanted to see Nonna again. Just for one more second.

The children all came around and circled me. Darcy climbed on Harry's back and stared down at me. J.D. and Des took to my left and right side, taking a hand each.

"I'm going to Nonna" I told him confidently.

They all stared at me.

"Nonna" I called.

"Angie--"

"NONNA!" I screamed. Harry held his breath. Tony squirmed from the shriekiness of my voice. Des and J.D. stared hopelessly at me.

"NONNA, I'M COMING!" I told her.

"Angie, please" Harry tried to reason.

I waved my hands out, trying to push him away.