Fifty Five

*Ian's POV*

Joseph and I got on the eight hour flight to London and throughout the whole thing I couldn't sit still. I was much too excited to sleep or relax. Joseph convinced me to watch a movie with him but I paid no attention and just thought about Natalie the whole time.

Would she be as excited to see me as I was to see her?

What would we do over the next two weeks?

Would she still look the same?

Okay, that one was stupid. Of course she would. She was beautiful.

When the captain finally announced that it was time to land, I almost squealed out in excitement. 

So what if I'm a guy? Don't judge!

After going through customs and picking up our luggage, Joseph and I got an Uber to Natalie's house. 

"Are you excited?" he asked me as we pulled up in front of the home.

"Very," I replied, my lips curling up into a smile.

"Go," Joseph said, patting my shoulder. 

Smiling wider, I got out of the car and took my suitcase from the trunk. As I walked up to the door, I searched the path for a flower pot. When my eyes rested on a small pot of pretty flowers, I looked underneath and found the spare key that Amy left for me. 

I slowly unlocked the door and entered the house. 

I walked down the hallway and into the living room. I wasn't going to snoop around upstairs but I looked around the living room, admiring the pale grey wall paint and the copper accents everywhere. There was a copper shelf, with pictures in copper frames. The couch was grey and squishy, with copper cushions. She had a glass coffee table and a big-ish TV. One wall had a large canvas of Natalie and who I guessed to be her family. She was stood next to a girl who looked slightly younger than her with an older man and woman stood behind them. There were also various pictures of Natalie and Amy, some of Natalie and the Ethan boy and then one of the two of us, standing proudly in its frame in the middle of the shelf. I smiled when I saw it. I was distracted from my thoughts when a text came through from Amy.

***

Amy

The film is done but we're going out to eat. You might as well make yourself comfortable. She'll be there in about an hour :)

***

Sighing about the fact I had to wait another hour, I sat down on the couch and looked around the room some more. My eyes landed on a laptop sat atop the coffee table, open with the screen glaring at me. I looked closer and saw a document titled "How to get a guy in five days".

Five days? That's pretty much how long Natalie and I had together. 

I knew it was wrong but I was curious. You know what they say: Curiosity killed the cat but satisfaction brought it back. 

I picked up the laptop and began reading.