Chapter 1

"Austin, when did you arrive from London?

"Today, very early." Austin responded putting his bag down. "Good morning, Mr. Cabello. How are you?" Austin asked while giving a firm handshake to the Admiral.

"Fine son, though I'm a little surprised to see you. We weren't expecting you back for another two weeks or so, am I correct?" Alejandro asked curiously.

Austin smile and chuckled in response. "The thing is I finished my Masters early, so I came back as soon as possible." He answered proudly.

"Your parents must be very proud of you, and of course, my daughter and I are too." He said patting his back.

Austin's cheeks reddened at the mention of the admiral's daughter. "So where is Camila?" Austin very curiously asked. "I'm just dying to see her!"

"I imagine, it's been three years. I believe she went for a walk to the beach." Alejandro knew his daughter was always out taking walks at the beach. It was something she frequently did and very much enjoyed doing.

" I think I know where she is, I'll go find her." The young man quickly jogged his way towards the front door, in hopes with reuniting with the girl he hasn't seen in years due to being away for college and getting an education for himself.

"Welcome back Austin." The admiral said before Austin could turn the doorknob and step out. "I'm glad to see you again."

Austin snapped his fingers and recollected the news he wanted to share for coming by. "By the way, my parents are throwing a party on our yacht, you know to celebrate my coming back to Miami, and we want to take the opportunity for Camila and I to announce our wedding date."

Alejandro glanced down at the floor and cleared his throat. He just remembered why Austin truly came back and the agreement that he and Camila had made before Austin left for college.

"Uh yeah, well of course."

"Alright well excuse me. I'll go find her. See ya later, Papa C!" Austin smiled one last time before rushing out the door to find his old love.

The admiral sighed and plopped down onto the couch in the living room. He looked to his left and took a hold of the picture frame that had a picture of Camila and himself when she was just a little girl. She was his little girl. The thought of handing his daughter to Austin at their wedding was something he could just not imagine. He simply wasn't pleased with the prospect. All he wanted was for Camila to be happy. And the question was, if not Austin, then who?

                                    ___

The sun was not shining so bright on the other side of town in Miami. An ailing man lies on his bed breathing heavily, eyes wide open, and skin so pale; he barely had a pulse. He knew he only had a few moments before he takes his last breath and be presence to this bothersome world.

A soft knock is heard through the room, curtains covering the sunlight coming from the window, leaving only darkness to accompany the sick man.

The young woman creakily opens the door and sees the critical condition the man is in. She clears her throat and makes her way to the walk in closet where she grabs a pillow from the top shelf. She makes her way towards the bed and positions it under her boss's head in order to be level headed and and steady his breathing.