Twenty-Third Letter

"But I can't wait until I see your face
and my brain thinks that it's looking at a stranger."

-You Wrote Don't Forget On Your Arm-Flatsound

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

Krystal looked at Jin, wide-eyed.

"No." She firmly said.

"It was just a question, chill." Jin chuckled, tightening his grip around the steering wheel.

Krystal stared what so intently at his knuckles as they turned yellow.

"Stop the car." Krystal spat out of the blue.

"We're almost there." Jin replied, focusing on the road as the rain poured on the glass.

Krystal turned around in her seat.

"I said stop the fu-" Krystal's voice got louder, but Jin immediately cut her off.

"Language. Do not curse."

Krystal's blood was boiling. Even though Krystal was eating Jin's delicious food a few minutes before that, but something about that question ticked her off.

Something about him stopping her from cursing ticked her off.

Jin talking like Taehyung ticked her off.

"Do not tell me how to speak!" Krystal shouted, slapping Jin's hand.

"Just stop the damn car!"

Jin's foot hit the brakes, making Krystal's head slightly hit the glass.

"Go ahead. Get out. Come on, do it." Jin's tone reminded Krystal of Taehyung's tone when he got angry at her for wanting to wear that provocative dress.

He was talking like Taehyung again.

Krystal shook the idea out of her head.

"Do not use that tone with me." She snapped, opening the door.

Krystal pulled the umbrella with her and glared at Jin as she stood by the car.

She grabbed the brown bag and threw it at him.

"You're a horrible cook!" She screamed as she shut the door as hard as she could.

Jin laughed to himself, knowing that was a lie. He didn't want to drive and leave Krystal in the pouring rain. They were both stubborn. Jin just didn't want his feelings to stand in the way.

"Good thing she has an umbrella." Jin murmured to himself as he hit the pedals and drove off.

Krystal, on the other hand, was furious. She stared at the sky, not bothering to open the umbrella. She padded her way to the sidewalk and walked.

She let the rain hit her. She focused on the rhythm it made. She had harmonized it along with her heartbeat and breathing pace.

She couldn't believe the fact that Jin actually drove and left her all by herself.

By the time she reached her house, she was soaking wet and it was still raining. She didn't mind it, though. She always liked rainy days.