Ninth Letter

"Can't be on my own without you. I'm a little bit lost without you."

-Without You by Oh Wonder

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

"How about I walk you home this time?" Jin blurted out.

His hands flew to his mouth as his eyes widened in shock at the words that just escaped his lips

"That would be nice." Krystal said, surprising Jin.

They both stood up and walked out of the graveyard.

"What's on your mind?" Jin asked as Krystal stared off into space.

"Do you think this is right?" Krystal asked as she stared at the sky.

"Do I think what's right?" He asked her, feeling confused.

"Me reading my letters in front of you." She picked at the dead skin surrounding her nails.

"I mean," she paused, looking down at her feet.

"The whole point of me going to the graveyard was to read them to him and talk to him, but ever since we met, I stopped having any private time with Tae." Krystal explained.

Jin nodded. He had feared that thought might cross her mind.

"I understand." He said, frowning to himself.

"You know what? Who cares, right? If you enjoy listening to my letters, then go ahead and stay!" Krystal said as she remembered Taehyung's words.

"Try to be adventurous. Do things you aren't sure of. You might regret some of them, but, in the end, it's all worth it."

Jin smiled at her and kept on walking.

"How old are you?" She asked Jin.

"29" He answered, sighing.

"You're a year older than Tae." She whispered.

The rest of the walk was pretty silent. Krystal couldn't help but compare both her first walks with Jin and Taehyung. They were completely different.

"What was it like?" He asked Krystal, receiving a puzzled look from her.

"What was it like to be so in love?" He elaborated.

"I still am madly in love with him." Krystal frowned at his use of 'was'.

Jin felt uncomfortable, so he decided to keep quiet.

He wanted to feel what she felt. He didn't want to lose a beloved person, but he wanted to love someone as much as Krystal loved Taehyung and be loved by someone as much as Taehyung loved Krystal.

He envied the two of them.

They soon reached Krystal's house and said their goodbyes.