Rage

Krystal walked away, tears filling up in the corners of her eyes. She decided to go back and read the letters she hadn't read for him. He deserved to hear them.

      She ran back to see a young man kneeling down by Taehyung's grave, holding two papers.

     Without thinking, she ran towards him as soon as she noticed the hole he had made in the sand.

     She snatched the papers and glared at him with watery eyes. She couldn't tell if they were angry tears or just sad ones.

     "What do you think you're doing?" She screamed as the guy blankly stared at her, wide-mouthed.

     "I-"

     "Stand up," she ordered as she stared at her own letters.

     He did as he was told, avoiding eye contact.

     "How dare you?" She screamed, trying her best not to wrinkle the letters, even though they were already wrinkled from when she snatched them from his hands. 

     "So-," she interrupted him.

     "How do you know?" She asked, waving them in his face.

     "Are you going to interrupt me or do I answer?" He asked, finally looking her in the eye.

     She didn't answer. She only glared at him, folding her arms.

     "I'll proceed," he nodded to himself.

     "You always read letters for him. I, being the selfish eavesdropper, enjoyed listening to your letters. I came to visit my brother's girlfriend's g-," she interrupted him once again, making him sigh.

     "I didn't ask about your brother's girlfriend," she spat.

     He flinched and decided to skip that part.

     "About four days ago, I guess, you visited this grave. You told him you'd visit him every day to read him every single letter you had written for him. I decided to come here and listen to what you had to say. Although, yesterday and today, you just buried the letters, not wanting to read them for some odd reason, so I decided to read them myself."

     He felt ashamed, but he didn't regret doing any of what he had done.

    Krystal was speechless. She wanted to scream at him for his rude actions, but she stayed silent.

     "I'm sorry," he whispered.

     "I can't tell you I know how it feels, but I know it hurts. I- oh my god. Please, no, don't cry," he didn't know if it was appropriate to hug her, so he just stood there, trying not to look at her.

     "You know it hurts? Do you know how much it hurts?" She sobbed.

     "I don't, because I've never experienced it. I only know how much it hurts because my brother, who is in the military, cried on the phone for the first time ever. That explains why I visited his girlfriend's grave. My brother couldn't visit her," he tried to explain.

     "I'm sorry," Krystal stuttered, "but that does not give you the right to rummage through people's things," she continued.

     "I know, but I can be very curious sometimes. Now, I know that isn't enough of a reason for you to let me off the hook, but I apologize for my immature actions," He pressed his palms against each other as he shot her a nervous smile. "I'm Jin," said as he fixed his posture.

     "Krystal," she firmly answered, "I hope you never do," she said out of the blue, receiving a puzzled look from Jin, "I hope you never go through this," she waved her hands between her body and the grave, "losing someone is the hardest thing ever," she explained.

     Jin felt deeply sorry for Krystal. He knew how much she loved him.

     Her letters alone screamed "I love you more than anyone has ever loved anyone else."

     "I hope I find someone that would love me half as much as you love Tae," he confessed.

     Krystal flinched at the nickname. She was confused as to how he knew his nickname, but then immediately remembered the letters.

     Krystal sat in her spot, wrapping her arms around her legs, still holding the letters.

     "Love someone as much as he loved me and you might find someone that will love you as much as I love him," tears slipped down her cheeks, reaching her lips. She parted them, licking the salted water and smiled to herself.

     Jin couldn't help but smile a sympathetic smile at her use of different tenses when she explained Tae's absent love for her and her present love for him.

     When she talked about his love for her, she used the past tense of the action, thinking his love for her had died the same way he did.

     But when she talked about her love for him, she used the present tense, proving she still loved him.

     "I will forever love you," she whispered, looking at his carved name.

     Jin felt uncomfortable. He, because of Krystal and her letters, was on the verge of crying.

     "It was nice to meet you. Although, I wish we were to meet in a less embarrassing way," Jin said, breaking the silence.

     A giggle escaped Krystal's chapped lips and Jin excused himself.

     Krystal held the letters and read them for her beloved Tae. She made him a promise and she refused to break it.