Revenge

Robyn's POV
Flashback
"Chris, no!" I yelled, trying my best to run away from him. He grabbed onto my wrist and continued to sling the belt  against my bare skin. All I could do was cry and wait for it to be over. He started doing this a couple of weeks ago. I stayed in hopes of him becoming the man he was when we first started dating.
Flashback over.

Two years. Two years of yelling, beating, and confused emotions. I can't tell anybody but my family already suspects something's wrong. My best friend, {Y/N}, is the only person I can trust. Matter of fact, she's the only person who tells me she loves me.

{Y/N}'s POV
My phone rung at about 3 a.m., waking me from my sleep. "H-hello?" I groaned. "Can you please come get me?" Robyn cried on the other end. I shot up in my bed. "What happened? Are you okay?" I said. "I'm fine," she paused. "You don't sound fine," I replied. The line went silent for a few seconds before her voice came through again. "Can you please just come get me? I'll explain everything when we get back to your house." I hurriedly got into my car and sped to her house.

About 10 minutes later, I pulled into Robyn and Chris' driveway. Before I could knock on the door, it swung open and I felt a weak pair of arms wrap around my waist. "Do you need to pack any bags?" I asked. "No, just get me out of here. We can come back and get my stuff later," she whispered. A light switched on and Chris appeared rubbing the sleep out of his eyes.

"What the hell is going on?" He questioned. "I-I was j-just taking Robyn home with me," I finally stuttered out. He chuckled. "You ain't going nowhere with my girl." "Excuse me?" I replied. "You ain't. Going. Nowhere. With my girl," he repeated slowly. "Now get your pretty ass out before-" "Before what? You ain't gon do shit, you scary bitch," I cut him off.

He swung once and missed. I connected my fist with his jaw a couple of times before he fell to the ground. "{Y/N}, stop!" Robyn yelled. I gave up once I noticed his nose was bleeding. "Come on, Robyn," I grabbed her hand and rushed out of the house.

Robyn's POV
{Y/N} drove slow and wouldn't look at me the whole way to her house. "Please say something," I said. "How long?" she sighed. "What?" I asked. "How long has he been hitting you?" she almost yelled. I flinched and answered,"A few months. I'm sorry I never told you." "Don't apologize. It's not your fault." The car slowly stopped in {Y/N}'s driveway and she got out without a word.

We walked upstairs into her bedroom and she pulled some clothes out of her dresser. "Here's something to sleep in. Go take a shower and I'll bring you some food," she said. I limped into the bathroom and waited for the water to get hot. Soon after I bathed myself, {Y/N} knocked on the door. I got dressed and walked into the bedroom.

"Here's some chicken noodle soup. Let me know if you need anything," she muttered. "Can you lay down with me?" I asked. She sighed before climbing into the bed next to me.

{Y/N}'s POV
"What's wrong?" Robyn asked. "Nothing," I lied. It really bothered me that Chris had been abusing her and she never told me. Unless...

"Did he threaten you?" I said. "What do you mean?" she mumbled. "Look at me. Did Chris say if you told anybody, he'd hurt you? Don't look me in my eyes and lie to me," I said sternly. She waited a few seconds before saying,"Yes. I wanted to tell you but I was afraid." "I understand," I whispered.

I picked up her empty bowl and set it on the nightstand. I'll just take it to the kitchen in the morning, I thought, right now isn't the time to leave her alone. "Goodnight," she whispered as she cuddled into my chest. "Goodnight," I said.

"I love you," she smiled. "I love you too," I smiled back.