Chapter 15

Gwen and I became friends over the next month, and we talked to each other often. My luck was finally turning up, but just a little bit. I was too timid and scared to trust Gwen fully. She didn't even know about my problems, my cutting, anorexia, bulimia, depression and abuse. Well, at least the stuff I had been diagnosed with at the hospital minus the abuse. I wanted it to stay that way. I was afraid she'd run off if she knew the truth. 

But Gwen didn't seem the type. Not at all. She was better than Evalyn by far. 

Right now, we were walking to second period together. She always met me outside first period and we walked the way to second period. 

A figure that wasn't Gwen came up to my left, and out of my peripheral vision I saw that it was Greg. I groaned inwardly. I knew where this was going.

"Will you at least tell me what I did wrong?" he sighed. 

I got infuriated at this question, again. 

"You want to know what you did wrong? Go ask your girlfriend Evalyn and I'm sure she'll tell you all about it!" I stomped off, very pissed.

Gwen followed me while I left a dumbstruck Greg behind. 

"What was that all about?"

"He was my friend."

"What happened?"

"He betrayed me."

"What did he do?"

"I don't really want to go into it."

"That's okay. We all have secrets to keep." Gwen was real silent after that.

We walked into second period, and our usual seats at the back of the class.

I got a text on my phone about halfway through the class. From Greg.

what do you mean ask my gf evalyn? we're not together 

not the way she put it I replied. 

what do u mean? we were never together 

wtf? then y was she calling u when u got in the accident 

i was calling her about what ur dream date was! i wanted to take u out! 

y did she lye to me? 

idk! but can we hang out later? please! 

no not today 

y? 

i just cant today! ok? 

what's wrong? 

nothings wrong y? 

becuz u never snap at me like that 

well nothings wrong 

im coming over today to see what the problem is 

no ur not 

u cant tell me what to do 

i can arrest u for trespassing 

no u cant 

u wanna bet? 

im stil coming over 

ugh just stay away from me! maybe i dont want to see u! 

u do want to c me and yes im still coming over 

I shut off my phone. I didn't want to talk to him! He didn't understand what he did to me! Yet relief went through me as I realized that he wasn't going out with Evalyn. Now that I thought about it, I never saw them together at school.